2. Work

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty in their dreams."

- Hinata Shōyō

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

The young boss groaned. Each hour, she's been throwing paperwork unto his desk relentlessly. It wasn't like he could just sign and leave, that was too easy and can jeopardize the company. He also didn't like the image of his dad scolding him, that was too much to bear.

Yet another batch of documents were thrown unto the surface of his desk, and this in particular could be compared to a mountain. "How fast do you encode?" He cried. The shredder nearby was making a tempting offer. Akahana pushed her glasses back to the bridge of her nose.

Akahana returned back to the computer to email more corporations. They were going to host a party soon so she didn't want to procrastinate, to which her boss was excellent at. "I train my fingers to be strong for convenience," he scoffed. "It was rhetorical."

She ignored his whining and continued with work. Work wasn't something she disliked or liked, it was definitely better than listening to him whine about why there was something called a "break". Practically, she was paid to listen to his repining. She's like a therapist who won't speak a word about his life in exchange for a fat ton of money.

"Kofuku-chan," he called. She already told him on many occasions to not call her that. Mainly since it never made sense. It meant "happiness" or "success", and neither so far had she gotten those two trophies in her life. The brunette pretended to not hear her employer's cries of help. "Okay fine! Akahana-chan," she smiled smugly. "Yes, Boss-kun?"

I swear I could sign those papers faster than you can. "Please make me a cup of coffee."

Sighing, she left the computer to go to the private kitchen her boss kept in his office. It was ironic since he didn't know how to pour his own cup of coffee. If he thought he could escape some time by her not monitoring him, he was dead wrong.

Good thing I made a batch before hand, she mused while pulling out the pitcher of coffee out the fridge. The coffee beans were overpriced, it should still taste fresh. Yes, she was salty. Knowing her boss well, she remembered to put an immense amount of condensed milk before stirring it. It took less than five minutes to get his iced coffee ready. "Boss-kun, here it is." Haruno childishly stomped his foot, "you're too fast!"

"Anyway, how's school?" Judging on her sour face, it wasn't as pleasant as the first day should be. "Oh and get me a snack too."

She answered, "it was okay but not enough for me to stay the whole day, hence why I am here right now. I'll go back around dismissal time for club activities," oh shit. None of his fancy cookies or cakes were restocked.

Handing him the cheap bread she bought, she seriously hope he didn't notice. She made sure she tore the tacky plastic and placed the bread on one of the saucers. "Here." It's pudding bread, it should taste great. So shut up and take it, praying quietly.

He dug in without questioning it. "You're father and his friends will be here in the evening, Boss-kun." His father or her pillar of support, he had many names in her book. Plenty of students in Teiko thought his dad was her sugar daddy.

Akahana shivered. Her boss's dad as her sugar daddy sounded mind boggling. "Ugh, I swear they're only here for you, they like you better." Partly true. In contrast to this lazy sleezebag, Akahana was a machine who can finish anything in no time granted she had nothing to do.

"May I ask a favour, Boss-kun?" The list was printed out with all the names of the guests who were confirmed to join the party. Two names who were the last people she wanted to see had themselves imprinted on the sheet. "What is it?" Encircling the names, "may I not join the party?"