35. Getting Locked In

"The fact that he's different other people will probably end up being his strength."

- Utsui Takashi

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"I'll help you clean up the place," Akahana offered, swiping the mop from Konoha's hands. It was Fukurodani's turn to clean the gym and Karasuno left her behind when she came back to collect her things.

Akaashi thanked her gratefully. Cleaning wasn't a big deal but he knew a few players in his team didn't like doing it at all.

Bokuto dropped the broom, not bothering to put it away. He hated cleaning and probably never will "like" it. "I'm done!" Akahana was slightly irked by his behaviour, how does Akaashi put up with this kid?

Wait. I'm younger than him. "Okay, Bokuto-san. Please wait outside the door so you can lock it," Akaashi softly instructed him. She rolled up the sleeves of her coral orange hoodie to make the process easier.

Tying her hair into a ponytail, Konoha complimented her instantly. "Orange is your colour, Akahana-san!" She thanked him politely while feeling the burning holes from Suzumeda's stares.

"It's Karasuno's colour after all!"

Neither she or the other managers (aside from Shimizu and Hitoka) had talked. Maybe it was due to her advice to Suzumeda. She was so sure that she wasn't being blunt or harsh. But if none of them were going to talk to her, then she won't either.

Washio finished his turn. Slowly one by one left the gym, leaving only Akaashi and Akahana inside. She picked up her messenger bag, preparing to leave. It was very quiet, almost inaudible, but she could hear creaking.

It was the creaking of the door with a small click. Akaashi was still placing the equipment inside while she waited for him to finish. She could hear doors closing. Akahana turned around, both doors were shut closed.

She ran inside the equipment room, shaking Akaashi back and forth. At that moment, she was inwardly panicking. Her voice was stuck in her throat.

"What's wrong?"

He ripped away her hands from his shirt, fearing that she would tear the fabric if he let her hands stay any longer. His hands wrapped themselves around her wrists.

She was about to hiss since his hands could be dirty but that should be the least of her concerns. Pointing at the door, Akaashi already knew what was happening.

"Shit," he cursed. "Bokuto-san forgot about us."

I don't want to think like this, she thought to herself. But Suzumeda or Shirofuku purposely locking us in could be a possibility. Then why leave Akaashi?

The lights in the gym were shut off, leaving them in the darkness. Her foot collided with the door, trying to kick it open.

Normally she had the strength to open a locked door with her bare hands, but she was already dead tired from a while ago. She trained with them too to let out steam and working out without them exhausted her.

Ow. Jolting pain went straight through her ankle to her thigh. She slipped, falling on the floor (painfully). Akaashi, alarmed by the noise, tried to run in a straight line (and failed).

"Akahana-san?"

"Walk five steps to the right, Keiji-senpai," she told him. Akaashi squinted his eyes, there literally was nothing he could see in the dark so it was a little unsettling that she was able to give instructions.