39. The Newbie Setter

"Oi, Karasuno," her tone had them dread what there was to come. They had just lost the second set to Wakutani Minami. Ennoshita was already pumped up by Tanaka and Nishinoya. Yamaguchi was still low in spirits. And as much as she wanted to cheer him up, she knew there was nothing she could say to make him feel better. "If you lose, you're running back to school, you hear me?"

Everyone flinched at her threat. Nobody would ever want to run to school after a physically and mentally draining match. Kageyama, Hinata, Tanaka and Nishinoya (or the Simple Minded Squad) instantly believed it. Ennoshita's jaw dropped to the floor, hoping it wasn't true.

Tsukishima scoffed at her threat. He was basically laughing in the face of danger. He snorted, "can you really do that?"

Hitoka smiled happily. Though she wasn't there to hear it, nor did she have Akahana's super hearing, but she could tell they were having a fine time down there. Especially with Akahana and Tsukishima's bickering.

"Ah, you didn't know? The driver is an employee and I'm his superior," she told him smugly.

He counter attacked with a, "that's abuse of power."

"Who cares? And I'm the one paying him. I'm dead serious," their snapping back and forth lasted a little longer and louder than it should have. The referee glared at the two, most especially Akahana since she was the one who "initiated" it. She only glared back, putting him on his place.

Saeko laughed merrily at the two who continued their argument. The brunette's stand was irrefutable yet somehow the blond kept having a bite at her. "They'd make a great pair."

Sugawara pushed them off of each other. Their volumes (actually it was Akahana only) were escalating. "Okay, let's stop!" She whined, wanting to insert her authority unto the boys a few more times before they were going back on court.

Kageyama defended Akahana even after their argument was cut short. "Running would make exercise," not what I wanted to say but true.

"I agree!" Hinata chipped in.

Saeko oohed at the sight of the three teenagers. "A love triangle!"

Hitoka and the other two men gasped at the idea of a love triangle. It wasn't far off from reality either. Hitoka could confirm that Kageyama was really into Akahana. She saw him snuck himself to follow Akahana and Tsukishima that time the first dragged the latter to some secluded area. There were other evidences that could be used against him too.

As for Tsukishima, she wasn't sure if he liked her or not. He dotes on her a lot more. Helps her out then grills her for whatever could be insulted. Be it be her short stature or something totally unrelated. But he could be one of those guys who picks a fight for the person to notice her, or not.

The third set had officially started and she's been watching Hinata closely after he tried to do a blockout. Of course, he was unsuccessful. His level of technique was still of a middle school player but it did impress her that he tried to so something he wasn't exactly known for.

He was all usually like 'WHAM' if you understood what she meant. It was good thing to know that he was finally evolving. She thought he was going to stay the same inexperienced crow hatchling forever.

She removed her hoodie. All the nerves were getting to her and she couldn't afford to get sweaty. Folding the fabric down, she placed it beside her on the bench neatly. Ukai and Takeda stared at her biceps and triceps. They were relatively toned and poked a bit out of her short sleeves uniform.

Another ball was headed for her direction. She sucked in her breath as Hinata hit the ball. Not wanting him to suffer the same fate as their captain, or go into a worse condition and actually getting a concussion, she snatched the chair away from Takeda.