37. Sick Piercings

"That means..." The guy with the undercut's eyes drifted to Shimizu. He cheerfully pushed Hinata to the side, "hey Glasses-chan! Be sure to give me your number today, okay?"

Seeing the uncomfortable look on her face had Akahana unsettled and a little pissed at the guy. He had probably done something the day before. Tanaka and Nishinoya we're ready to attack but their collars were pulled back. Not by Sawamura, nor Sugawara, but Akahana.

She was seething in either extreme agitation or simple rage. Terushima was oblivious, or didn't care, pointed something out which her teammates hadn't notice themselves. "Woah! Sick piercings," Akahana cooled down. Now, for some reason, feeling great.

A helix piercing with a small metal loop around it. Barely noticeable by anyone who takes a one second look. "I didn't think they allowed kids to have such piercings!" That feeling was drained and the emotions of agitation came back to the rise.

"I--" "I'm so sorry for his behaviour!" A nice girl apologised on his behalf. Tanaka and Nishinoya who were still going to attack regardless, froze in mid air. She smiled politely, "all is well!"

Hitoka examined the piercing on her ear. She herself didn't have any so it was awesome to see anyone with them. "When did you have it?" Akahana had already been wearing small golden studs.

"Middle school, I just thought Karasuno wouldn't allow it," she answered while tucking a lock of her hair behind the left ear, revealing three piercings along the earlobe. Everyone took their turns looking at the piercings. "So cool!" Hinata yelled.

She teased the ginger, "I don't think you'd be able to take the pain."

Hinata felt some sort of invisible force gutting in his abdomen. Akahana could see how much he needed to use the restroom. Sugawara peered nervously, not wanting another casualty to occur. "Are you sure you want to go the restroom? That's like the most dangerous place," I think you'd throw up more if you go there.

A tug on his sleeve was what Tsukishima felt. She sheepishly scratched the back of her neck. Kageyama, watching from the corner of his eye, frowned. Akahana dragged him to a more secluded area.

"Kageyama, where are you going?" Nishinoya asked. He just realized it, he was already moving to follow the blond and brunette. He muttered, "bathroom."

Thankfully, Nishinoya wasn't the smartest person in the world. So he didn't notice when he went to a completely different direction from where Hinata was going to. Sawamura and Sugawara were watching from afar. There was a tad bit of concern rising between them.

It wasn't like they didn't notice. It was as clear as day that Kageyama liked her, but it was even clearer that Tsukishima liked her probably just as much. Tsukishima was visibly nicer and kinder towards her and Kageyama would always do what she asked him to do.

Once they found an empty area, she settled on the bench while Tsukishima leaned on the wall. The regular setter found a spot in the corner to eavesdrop. "So..." He could hear her start. "When that happened on that night, uh--"

"I don't have feelings for you," Kageyama forced himself to suppress a scoff. He wasn't a complete idiot. He could tell it by himself that he liked her. Akahana, a little stunned, rested easy. She was almost convinced that he really did. But this was Tsukishima, he wasn't a moron so she instantly believed it.

"Really?"

"Really."

A sigh of relief left her mouth. She didn't want to continue being tense around him any longer than she had to. Tsukishima bit his inner lip, shocked by the fact she wasn't questioning him. She trusted him that much in that aspect.