2.6. Pain Called Getting Shot

"Boss-chan."

"Yes," she wiped away the remaining wine left around her mouth. Eren and Mikasa shared fearful looks. Her eyes remained glued to the computer screen while they were to say the news.

"There has been an attempt of assassination," she rubbed her eyes. That shouldn't matter so much to her. The windows and glass in the skyscraper were bulletproof to the extent of lasting for a few rounds. Her hearing was still beyond normal, she could hear anything even outside the so called "soundproof" walls. "Has the assassin been apprehended?"

Mikasa cleared her throat, though she didn't want to be the one to say it, she also knew Eren would have difficulty being blunt. "Yes, however this attack wasn't on you, Boss-chan," she preferred not to refer to her boss as "chan", however, Akahana wouldn't answer to her without being called as such. Wasn't on me? Her throat tightened, as if already knowing what this was supposed to be about.

"No one was injured or killed, thankfully," Eren said slowly. "But their targets were the your former teammates."

She stayed silent for the meantime. There wasn't going to be an good outcome that comes out of her frustration and this wasn't the state of mind she wanted these two teenagers to see her in. Even as a teenager, they could see her distress in the situation. Akahana huffed, standing up abruptly without finishing her work. "There's somewhere I'd like to go, you may accompany me," she put over her coat and slipped into her heels.

There was always a pair of slippers she kept under her desk. Sometimes the shoes could be overbearing to use so for comfort's sake, she always had them prepared in case. She tucked away a lock of her hair.

Everyone around the plaza got to see the woman walk around in flesh. Her earrings were dangling ruby that were shaped into hearts, her wealth were put well into the outfit of the day. She disliked showing off to a crowd of people but it was a display of her power. It wasn't something she was used to. Akahana was used to wearing those plastic earrings you could buy in dollar stores or clothes that weren't considered high class. Mikasa held a duffel bag beside her, Eren stood tall for everyone to fear.

Eren was intimidating to some people, the only problem was he wasn't amazing in combat. They originally would have switch roles but she wanted Eren to experience something. And that was to protect Mikasa at all costs, she didn't want him depending on the lady for the rest of his life (though he didn't intend for that to be so).

A man came up to them, "do you own this coin?" He asked Eren with a pleasant smile on his face. This man was bulky in size. She always thought Bokuto was a real deal but this guy was like he was on steroids. She clicked her tongue, he was too naive, he didn't understand what the situation was. Akahana pulled him away, just in time for the bullet to not to hit him. She wasn't getting out of this unscathed though.

"Boss!" Eren yelled when she got the shot. His job was supposed to protect her, he grit his teeth when he fumbled with his gun. Mikasa was quick to react, pulling out the baton in her pocket and tried to kick the man. Akahana was quicker, shooting his left hip and shoulder.

The only thing she could thank was that the man was quite weak to pain. He fell as soon as he was shot, in contrast to Akahana who sustained her posture and stance. She had a hand over her arm that had been shot. The metal was stuck in her flesh and she didn't like it. There were screaming people who were more scared than the one who got shot herself.

Eren confiscated his gun, the man who laid on the floor shouldn't be able to move for now. "The police is taking too long," there were already a group of civilians who volunteered on apprehending this person. Eren lifted her off her feet, providing her a comfy ride in his arms. He was guilty but he couldn't afford to think like that yet. "Please run to the nearest hospital," she ordered the two politely. She'd like it better to not bleed out and die or pass out, being able to make it alive would be the best option.