51. Family Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa

Lol, I don't really have a good relationship with my grandparents, most especially my grandfather but Akahana's grandfather is a better person than my own lol, just an overly pissy one.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

She was sitting on the large dining table with her boyfriend next to her, facing her grandparents. She seriously didn't know what they needed her for. They only liked her to the extent of washing their dishes or doing household chores.

During practice, Nao had snagged her from the team and for some reason, included Kageyama. He had her dressed into a  red dress (much to her dismay and disdain for the colour) and forced the poor boy into an expensive suit.

Kageyama felt uncomfortable wearing such expensive clothes that were made by name brands. They had dropped by to a luxury store to get him literally everything for the suit. He tried to loosen the waistcoat, but failed with Nao shooing his hand away.

Having to meet his girlfriend's family was really rushed. They weren't even three months into the relationship yet. It was really awkward and at some point he didn't want to go since he knew, everyone in school knew, how wealthy her family was.

Nao wore a red suit top to bottom, he could see why she was so displeased with the colour. Kageyama's color wasn't red, so they made sure he wore a something that fit him well like blue. Her dress was a little revealing for his liking. He loved it on her, just not for public view. It was simply the Akagi's standard of the line for "decency" and "indecency".

The back of her satin dress was low, displaying her toned shoulders and muscles. He shuddered as he traced circles on the surface of her smooth skin. A black ribbon was tied around her tiny waist, exaggerating the shape further and turned into a large bow. Her skirt extended to her mid thigh, legs were covered with a medium black pair of stockings.

It was bizarre to him to have her face so near to his face. He was so used to her being around his neck or shoulders. It was hard to picture himself wear those shoes, he swore he'd fall down on each step. The black stilletos did fit her outfit well.

Nao was surprised to see her own large jewelry like those dangling gems from her earrings, a gold chain around her neck and golden bands around her wrists. He didn't think she was the type to spend her money on jewelry.

She didn't spend her money on them though. They were inherited from Daimon Haruka upon her will during her death.

She didn't love her grandparents. They weren't the supposed loving couple in your life who'd bake you cookies or let the broken rules slide. They were more like people in her life who'd let her hang around their home with the condition of being their house maid.

But she didn't hate them either, they weren't the worst of people she met. Still, she wanted to flaunt her success at them without their help. Like she said, she didn't hate them, she didn't like them as well. They didn't support her.

While fixing her boyfriend's necktie, she quietly muttered to him, "nervous?"

Nervous was an understatement. He was mortified to meet her grandparents. He nodded slowly. These people were her blood relatives, and this was all so rushed, they hadn't had the chance to thoroughly talk about this. He still kept his composure.

"Why are you nervous? You should be nervous when I introduce you to the Daimon's, I don't consider them family," she told him, trying to soothe his nervous. Nao frowned at what he heard, and he couldn't say anything. It was true. Her real family was the Daimon's who saved her, not him or his parents.

She couldn't blame him though (for being nervous). Her dad literally snatched them from school, went shopping in Tokyo then flew to Kyoto where his parents lived. It did feel too sudden.