8. Aoba Johsai Pt. 2

"How you change is up to you."

- Midorima Shintarō

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"HAHAHAHA!" Shimizu cracked into a chuckle at the younger girl's reaction. Her laugh was blaring into their ears. She couldn't wait to see how Kageyama was going to knock some sense into Hinata. Sugawara shared a giggle, but not long before telling her to be quiet.

Everyone else went silent. Especially now that the middle blocker had done it. She could see Hinata's knees buckling as he tried to back up while the setter approached him.

"What Kageyama needs are pawns that move a accordingly to his will. Whatever is not needed to win is to be "thrown away"."

Seeing the fear crash down unto his eyes and the obvious reminiscing of words between he and Kindaichi ringing through his head. It was amusing for her. Shimizu was a bit surprised to see how much Akahana was enjoying herself over the soon quarrel.

Sawamura waved his hands in alarm. "W-wait Kageyama! I understand what you're feeling but control yourself," Kageyama's dark abyss of pupils bore into the captain's. "I haven't said anything yet."

"B..."

"BWAHAHAHA! HOW'S THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD DOING?!" Tanaka asked without much concern. Tsukishima howled in laughter, "the back of your head is looking good!" Nothing came out of the setter, but it was dead clear that he was mad.

Sugawara and Sawamura, as the parents of the team, scolded the two players. Both managers snickered.

Someone stood at the second floor of the room behind the metal railings. She could barely see who it was, but she caught a glimpse. It was enough for her to know who it was. "Excuse me," she bowed politely towards Takeda as she was about to exit the gym.

The captain pleaded, "Akahana! Please don't go, you're the only one who can stop them!" He pointed at Kageyama who was already looking over the boy. She smiled reassuringly, "you don't have to worry. To-chan is not a meanie!" She reassured the captain whilst giving a sly glance at Kindaichi. "Besides, without him, they're nothing much at the moment." The taunt had Kindaichi and Kunimi gritting their teeth.

"Who's "him"?" Sawamura asked, but it was too late. She already took her leave to ascend up the stairs.

Matsukawa muttered to his younger teammates, "which one was the one who got her real pissy?" Although the culprit looked away, he was noticed by their vice captain.

Iwaizumi interrogated his kouhai with a tone of agitation, "what did you do?" Kindaichi shrugged, "I don't know? She just got mad!" Yahaba mumbled in a small voice half hoping nobody heard him, "... well, you were dissing Kageyama."

Their ace sighed. Hanamaki poked, "you know her?"

"Yeah, I met her last Friday with Oikawa," he shyly admitted. "I didn't know she was the manager."

: : :

He leaned against the railings. Everything was under his watch while his ankle rested up. It was unfortunate that he had to delay his play because of the minor injury. He knew he could have easily crushed them to pieces if he stayed on court.

But the coach wasn't willing to put one of his star players into harm's way for a practice match, as all coaches should. It seemed like nobody knew he was up there, watching and waiting.