42. Father Plus Daughter

Akahana and Sawamura met up with the rest of the team who were loitering in the hallways. Something popped inside of Yamaguchi's mind. It's been lingering since they won the match with Aoba Johsai.

"Akahana-chan, why didn't you go to Shiratorizawa?"

Kageyama grimaced at his failure to pass Shiratorizawa. The entrance exams there were incomprehensible, though if it was Akahana in his place, he knew it would have been a breeze for her. His failure was a little embarrassing to admit, but he was glad he didn't pass. It led him to Karasuno where he could actually have fun. And he was able to fully utilize his skills as a setter with Hinata, so it was a win-win situation for him.

He looked at the brunette, curious to see her reaction to that question. "I mean, you have the money. And if you didn't, we know you'd be able to get a scholarship," her expression remained blank.

The others were listening too, they were simply pretending not to. She scratched her cheek sheepishly, "you'll see later."

Kageyama hid the two things behind his back. He was a little bit nervous to give it to her. Last night, his sister had arrived. She got him some things that she said, "when you have a girlfriend, give it to her". He thought she'd look good in them and he was too excited to not gift them to her.

"Do you have anything you want to say, Tobio-chan?" She could see how reluctant he was being. His hands were behind his back, concealing something. It was suspicious.

Bringing the objects to the front, it brought her to gasp at the sight. A light shade of pink dusted on her cheeks. They were two coral pink and white ribbons that could be clipped to her hair. The pattern was harlequin styled.

Thankfully it wasn't red. Red was a treacherous colour she couldn't forgive. Kageyama was too shy to say anything coherent. His statements were basically mumbled into different spots and she couldn't understand anything he was saying.

And since she couldn't understand what he was saying, she decided to be the one to speak first. "Are these for me?"

Tanaka and Nishinoya were ready to tease the setter. If it were Shimizu, they would have completely obliterated the accessories. Sugawara held them by the leash, keeping them from teasing the two younger teenagers.

Tsukishima leaned on the wall. He wanted to be in a different room. He didn't want to witness anything at all. But if he was going to walk away, he'd look unnatural. Yamaguchi could sense his friend's disdain for what was happening. Hitoka tilted her head, perplexed by his saltiness.

Shimizu stood there, proud of Kageyama of taking initiative to give a gift. She was starting to think that he was going to be in need of desperate help. Sawamura held Hinata in place, not wanting the ginger to barge into their conversation.

I had no clue, was what the gentle giant thought. He really didn't think, Kageyama of all people, would like someone like Akahana. And they were a good match, he was going to admit. Akahana was the type to enforce her plan and Kageyama was usually obedient to her orders.

"Y-yes," he cursed himself for stammering. With a lot of courage, he took a step closer. Brushing his hand unto a lock of her hair, he collected a few strands and pulled it up to clip one of the ribbons unto her hair.

Her cheeks were in a potent colour of crimson. His hands were gentle in doing her hair, not a single time he had pulled her hair it was painful. After finishing the other ribbon, he stepped backwards to see the art of his work.

The blond looked away, scared that everybody would find out the tint of pink on his cheeks. Nishinoya and Tanaka were more expressive. Their mouths were wide open and cheeks were flushed of red. Sugawara smiled warmly at her new hairdo. She looked absolutely adorable with the two ribbons.