31. Hot Springs

"Jewelry is an art."

- Daimon Haruka

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Yaku quietly asked Sugawara, and it was in concern of the chirpy little girl who had gone missing. "How's Akahana-san?" Karasuno team mom rubbed his eyes. Their whole team was getting stressed by the whole situation. She refused to eat and she didn't want to talk to any of them except for Kageyama which was really suspicious.

Not only was there something happening, but something was going on. Sounds like there wasn't a difference but there was one. She wasn't showing or telling them anything about herself which just triggered a bloody panic attack.

A lot of the players outside of Karasuno were also in a downpour. Most especially Kuroo. It was something he said, and he knew it. And he also didn't understand, what he did tell her was reassurance, not degrading her. It was weighing on his chest. He knew he didn't say anything wrong and yet he felt like he did say something wrong.

Kozume was missing out on his gaming buddy and all the gadgets she brought was lent to him, but it wasn't fun without someone with the same skill.

There wasn't any yelling or orders by the brunette. No little girl was running with them in every one of their penalties when they lost. Ukai's spot was feeling empty. The managers couldn't play dress up with her and her mountain of clothes.

Meanwhile in her room, she was blankly staring at the plain white ceiling. Everybody was having fun without her. Seirin was resting and also being happy together.

Her phone buzzed. She hadn't even open it once and it was still at ninety-six percent in her battery. At first she would have thought it was just a message until it wouldn't stop. The caller ID said: Aida Riko. Why is she calling me? She wasn't that close to him.

Accept or decline.

She preferred the latter. Later, she decided to take the first option. Bringing the phone close to her ear, she croaked, "Riko-senpai?"

"You sound terrible," she scoffed at the response. It was obvious, she herself knew her own body very well. She brushed her bangs off her forehead in sheer frustration. "I know. What is it?" Riko didn't want to question her tone. Akahana didn't sound great, but she was sure the offer she will give would be an opportunity to let out steam.

"I have an extra ticket to the hot springs. Wanna join us later tonight?"

This could be an opportunity or a shit hole but in the end, she felt guilty that she might have been considering it.

"I need to ask permission."

"From who?"

"Mom and dad." Kōshi-senpai and Daichi-senpai.

Riko chuckled. She didn't know who this mom and dad were, but she was sure that they were someone in her team. "Well then later tonight," she hummed softly.

The phone call ended and she placed the device back on the bedside table. She buried herself into the blankets. There wasn't an hour that gave her an ounce of sleep. She wanted to get out but she also didn't want to have an encounter with anyone outside.

This was exactly was those pills were for. Sleep and anti-anxiety and she needed them at that moment. She was wide awake and mind was completely blank. She couldn't afford to think about anything else. She didn't want anything to go misleading.

A knock was on the door. A sweet voice asked her, "Akahana-chan?" It was Shimizu, as well as few more pairs of footsteps approaching the door. "Kiyoko-senpai," the girls and a few familiar boys flooded in her room. "Guys."