22. Kidnapped

"Someone who can't see the opponent standing right in front of him, can't defeat the opponent that lies beyond."

- Iwaizumi Hajime

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"Man, if I had known we kidnapped the black sheep, I wouldn't have even pulled through with this. She's practically worthless," her abductors talked among themselves. Way to add insult to injury. First being kidnapped, next being treated cruelly, then third the verbal beating of their words banging unto her head.

At this point, she didn't say a word to protest. Each time they say something about her parents abandoning her, she'd say something in return even if it costs her another session of getting beat. Though them slamming the very fact he wasn't coming for her did do something, the revelation came to her without them having to tell her. He's not going to do anything for her. It's as simple as that.

It's the eighth day.

Unbeknownst to them, she intended on escaping this shit hole. She didn't act too unnatural. If they noticed her abrupt passiveness, they'll suspect her. She hasn't exactly been the most compliant kid for a kidnapper to abduct.

The guy scoffed, grabbing hold of her face roughly. "I see you understand already." She glared at him. She couldn't instruct him on the many ways on how to commit suicide without getting her voice muffled by the cloth in her mouth. Instead of directly speaking, she swung her leg at his foot.

He cursed loudly. He was under the impression her body was still weak from their daily beatings. "What the hell?! Just when I thought you've grown timid," he slapped her cheek. The force brought her face to collide with the leg of the table standing behind her. Blood trickled down her nostril. It hurt so badly. It hurt so much. She couldn't wait to leave.

"Hey, should we play with her? I've always wanted try it with someone as tiny as this kid," his friends laughed at the perverted suggestion. None were as brave as that guy to touch the child. She's not meek. She kept fighting. They didn't know why she kept resisting, why she kept defending for her dad. What they did feel was the tiniest fragment of sadness for her, her own dad doesn't want to rescue her.

"Go ahead. She might pluck your dick out though." Damn right. I'll give you hell.

"Oi. We should get going to work," Akahana discreetly tugged on the shard of a broken blade that the men used. Silently, she took her time slicing the thick rope.

Every time they glanced at her, she halted cutting the rope, tucking it away inside her sleeve. Praise the heavens I wore a long sleeve shirt. It's an incredibly slow process. Her hands got sliced up from holding the shard in a harsh grip. Her fingers were tired, her arms were exhausted. Still, she persisted. All for the sake of surviving.

Was there even a point to living? Nobody will be there for her. Her dad will never look at her direction, not even after what she'll have to pull through. Her mom is not going to pick her up to raise her out of the blue. The whole reason for her leaving the kid with her dad was because she didn't want him. Friends... she didn't have anyone close enough to cry for her.

A tear slipped from the corner of her eye. Hajikano-san is a very private person, Akahana rested her head on the wood. She needed to take a breather. Otherwise, the cloth might get sucked into her throat. Somehow, I managed to uncover her small secret. I have brothers. I wonder what they look like. I couldn't look at their pictures. If I do, the longing will only increase.

Hajikano-san is pretty. Her husband is plainer than Otou-san but he's not bad looking. They should be some attractive products... She choked back a sob. I wonder how she hid her pregnancy with me from her children. It shouldn't be impossible to hide having me from her husband, it should be hard though.