52. Only Once He Wishes

She slurped the ramen into her mouth with ease. Eating was easy when you have a black hole as your appetite.

Kageyama watched from the audience as she competed with a man who was dark skinned. They were on their fifth bowl, and neither seemed to be on the brink of giving up. From an outside perspective, Akahana looked like she was going to lose.

But the fact that she was still eating her fifth bowl was already astounding to see from someone her stature against someone the size of a giant. The crowd were cheering for Akahana as she finished her sixth bowl.

The prize was a premium membership at Tokyo Grand Hotel, the prize didn't matter. The hotel was owned by her grandparents so it was logical why she didn't care.

If you still didn't get the hint of what was going on, Akahana entered an eating competition. It meant unlimited free food and she didn't have to pay. She was already planning on giving the prize away if she won.

Usually boyfriends would be unnerved to see their girlfriend eat so much that people could compare her to a boar, but Kageyama was more wowed by this. He was a rather large eater himself but not even he could take on ten bowls of ramen considering you got to eat the noodles and the soup.

Mibuchi and Hayama's eyes were bulging when they saw the girl compete against their other teammate, Nebuya. They did have doubts at the beginning, who wouldn't? She's the size of a child. Later on, it was actually possible that he was going to lose.

"Oi, kid," he purposely let out a large burp, grossing Kageyama and Mibuchi out. The teammates got a closer look on Akahana and found her familiar. Obviously, Akahana wasn't stupid. From the first time they met, she knew who these people were. How could she not? They were three of the Uncrowned Kings, which did impress her how they were clumped up.

Also, she did know what school they attended. She was going that simply pretending would do the trick and they wouldn't find out about her. Going to the festival was too much of an opportunity to pass up. They were from Rakuzan and from the looks of it, Akashi didn't attend.

A good thing she could identify.

Chewing on the food, she asked back, "yeah?"

Another one who mistook her for a child. With her upper part unexposed, everyone would do the same thing. Kageyama allowed her to join in the condition of having her wear his blazer. She didn't want that everybody would be staring at her area.

"You're going down," he stuffed more food into his mouth, finishing more meals than her. She calmly ate her food, now feeling competitive. Nobody said it was a contest of speed.

In the beginning, she was okay with the idea of losing. There was no way she could win to a man like that, he was too much, but he flared something in her that made her want to crush him. Finishing her eighth bowl, he was already on the fourteenth.

It was a simple tactic really. Eating very slowly wouldn't fill her stomach as much as eating in a fast pace. Sooner or later, he was going to get full. He's only human after all.

"It's the same girl from a while ago," a few of the kids pointed out. Kageyama smiled proudly as she ate more and more. The adults were shocked at the sheer amount of what she was consuming. She was eating more than everybody in the crowd.

Akahana savoured the beef flavour of the ramen as she chewed on the noodles as fast as a snail could finish one leaf. Nebuya was basically breathing in his food like it was oxygen. One whole bowl could make anyone fill up to their hearts content.

Nebuya was finally slowing down. The bowls were large as it is, so when he was down to his twenty-seventh bowl, he was already starting to get himself bloated. It wasn't until the next when he was stuffed. "I'm done!" He was under the impression that she wasn't going to reach that number, but she did.