27. Over the Mountain and Back

"There's no such thing as useless effort."

- Kagami Taiga

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Each game they had against the opponent, whether it was Fukurodani, or Nekoma, or Ubugawa, they lost. Not that she minded entirely.

And so they had their penalties, running up that mountain and back to the gym. Everyone was tired, but she was surprised even Tsukishima held up with the training. Seems like his pride has a use after all.

She rested her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. Her chest heaved as she tried to steady her breathing. A layer of sweat coated her skin, glistening under the sunlight. The boys were flustered to see her in a tank top and shorts. But you don't see them complaining, also because the focus on her couldn't last forever.

Tsukishima was disgruntled. She's been following and running with them in their penalties. "What you doing here?" Akahana finally caught her breath, "exercising."

Sugawara handed his water bottle since she finished hers way too quickly. "You don't have amazing stamina like Hinata or Boys?" She snatched it from his grasped and practically showered herself with the water. "No," she gargled the water. Her belly was full of water, it was getting uncomfortable but her tongue was dehydrated.

The managers flooded in with sliced watermelons. She swore she was drooling at the thought of eating the fruit. "Shinzen High School's parent association and the owner of Central Sports donated watermelons," the manager announced with a platter of minced fruit.

Never mind the watermelons, the owner of one of the most high end sports brands just sponsored them fruit! It was an honor, as lame as it sounded.

A giant man peaked out the door with his platinum blond locks loose. He waved at the students, "yoo hoo!" Everyone straightened their posture to greet the wealthy guy. Everyone except her. He walked towards the students, towering all of them

Haiba was probably the tallest person in the room so it was rare to see someone taller. He inched closer to Akahana and petted her hair. Her cheeks were ruby red, flustered. "That's no way to treat your old man," she pouted and look away from his cerulean blue eyes.

"Anyway, kids, if you want anything, just ask my dear over here," the height difference was hilarious. Not only by height, but size. He was much wider and bulky than the others, and that includes Bokuto.

For her, this was the combination of Oikawa and Sugawara. Plenty of reason why one twin turned out to be the less cunning version of the annoying drama queen and the other was just as motherly as the team mom. Take your pic which was who. And this was the reason why she was able to tolerate Oikawa, but thank the sky that she didn't decide to go to Aoba Johsai.

Stealing the watermelon from her boss, she sunk her teeth into the fruit to relish its rich flavour. He left her shortly after to take care of business (that was what he told her).

Bokuto approached her with sparkling arms and a wide smile that could have blinded her in her sleep. She pretended not to notice him slowly creeping behind her while playing with her gadget and Yaku forcing her to eat more, saying she was too "skinny". That's what all Asian parents, not your own, tell you.

Shirofuku giggled at how the scenario was playing out. "Bokuto really likes Akahana-chan," all managers were all ears. Shimizu narrowed her eyes, she wasn't going to allow that. Kageyama was going to have her and no one else. Meanwhile, Hitoka just wanted her to patch things up with another blond.