2.3. Akashi's Marriage

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Usually work would start around eight o'clock, but for Akahana, she had to start earlier around half past five in the morning so that she could avoid working later in the night. Her reddish brown hair was still wavy like during high school.

She was in her normal work clothes, the lower part of her face, as usual, was covered by the mask and her eyes were concealed by the luxury sunglasses she owned. Her mind was entirely blank and nothing sparked inside, mindlessly walking towards the large skyscraper.

Her heels were being a pain to her. She did size down from eight to six inches, it didn't stop the pain from seizing her feet. Akahana had grown a resistance to the pain, so it didn't bother too much to the point of wanting to throw them into the ground and stomp on them. It was a gift from her cousin, it was a fresh pair and that meant it would have to take a while to break in her heels.

Akahana bumped into a hard wall, it was large and loomed over her. Due to the pain in her ankles, she lost her balance, falling down gracefully on her knees. It would be humiliating to any stuck up businesswoman, yet she didn't care about it despite getting embarrassed. There wasn't a lot of people around, it was a tad early for that.

"I'm so sorry, here," this man had some accent. Brazilian was a possibility and his voice was relatively familiar. He offered his hand, to which she spritzed it with rubbing alcohol first and accepted it. The first gesture was mildly surprising. He was open minded enough to not mind it.

This man, she knew him. He had dark wavy hair and was growing a short beard. Pulling down her mask and putting away her sunglasses, she bowed gratefully for his help. "Thank you," he smiled kindly. "Do I know you?" A man next to her was staring straight her soul. How can she forget this person? He had bird like eyes and his appearance resembled to a seagull. He must've not recognized her so easily.

"You don't remember me, Hoshiumi-kun?" Her voice didn't strike a bell. Compared from her high school days, her voice currently was smoother, less stentorian like. "I own--" "Akahana-san?" Her heart stopped beating at the sound of him. She bit into her lips, slowly facing him.

Romero cluelessly stared back and forth between his teammate and the lady he bumped into, "do you know each other?"

Kageyama sucked in all the air he could get and held his breath in. To say he was surprised was an understatement. Her appearance didn't changed so much. Her hair was still wavy and had been cut into mid length, grazing her shoulders. He could see the tips of her hair dyed an electric pink as remnants from dying her hair said colour from a fundraiser. Lips were coated in a nice shade of dark red and light make up was applied on her face.

Yes, he did keep up with what was happening. Akahana was often filmed with everything she did. From her product launches to her recent fundraiser, to say the least, he did regret the day it broke off. Ushijima could see the level of shock in his eyes. He couldn't forget her. She was asked out when he lost to Karasuno by Kageyama, he just couldn't forget. "Well duh, she's his girlfriend," Hoshiumi suddenly remembered.

"Ex," she corrected him. "Ex girlfriend," Kageyama gulped down the saliva that accumulated around his mouth. Ushijima stared at his teammate, not particularly happy by what he heard. They went out on the day of his defeat and didn't succeed in the end. Romero pursed his lips. He was a father himself and treated the younger ones like his own, he could see a flare of disappointment in his eyes.

Sending a hand through her hair, she sighed in frustration. She only wanted to get out. It was so awkward, she couldn't look at him in the eye. Dusting away the invisible dirt off her pegged trousers, she tried to look anywhere, everywhere to avoid eye contact. "I have work, I should get going, it was my pleasure meeting you," she forced a smile on her lips and walked away from the team.