Chapter 02: I'm the Best Artwork

"Yuan Xiu?"

"Don't pretend to play dumb with me," Sheng Xing Ze's fingers knocked on the table unconsciously, "Is it Lin Mu?"

He used an affirmative tone, actually he was very confident in his guess. In the book, the versatile[1] Yuan Xiu is one of Lin Mu's many suitors. If there was anyone who could make Yuan Xiu to despise him, then he was sure that only Lin Mu could.

In the book, Lin Mu is a typical white lotus[2]. His parents have passed away prematurely and he has always lived alone, and that helps to form his slightly dark character. He even once has told the main male lead that Sheng Xing Ze has a sugar daddy with a lot of money backing him up; otherwise, there is no way Sheng Xing Ze can smoothly walk on this stardom path with that level of his.

Zhang Chao hesitated for a moment, "Actually, this movie is a multi-party investment..."

This was something out of his hand; even though the Sheng family's share took up a larger percentage, other people could also have some say in their own investment. Sheng Xing Ze immediately understood the meaning behind those words, so he quickly changed his intention, "Of course, I deliberately looking for Director Zhang is not about this troublesome matter, but I really want to discuss some plots in the movie--"

He tapped the bottle water with his fingers, he reached out his slender fingers pointing at nowhere, "I have an opinion on some of the props in the movie. Although this is a wuxia [3] setting, isn't it a bit unsuitable to pair Han-oriented costumes with Japanese-style accessories?"

Zhang Chao thought about it for a moment, "We have discussed this issue with the screenwriter. This kind of mix match is indeed a bit downgraded, but in the view of being a fiction theme, we can come up with excuses that this is the trend of that era."

"However, there is still a strong sense of violation," Sheng Xing Ze was originally a child of the rich family, so he had an artistic discomfort for this kind of random patchwork, "Can you imagine the jade ware of the Han Dynasty placed in the bedroom of the Qin Dynasty?"

As they were talking, they had arrived at the kitchen located in the back of the set; it was now entering winter and the filming set was getting cold. So, everyone liked to gather here in this room, at least there was little firework to warm everyone up.

Zhang Chao slowed down his pace, "there's no way we can change the final decisions on the above matter," he winked playfully. In fact, it was hard to imagine what a middle-aged man would look like when being playful, let alone he was wearing an orange puffer jacket, which made him look like teletubbies, "I was the one suggested that people outside of the industry should not be involved in the script writing, because they really don't know what the ancient people think or need."

"It's something to think about," Sheng Xing Ze said, "What the audience sees and thinks is actually the same as the people who wrote the script. If the real ancient people came to write the script, would they be scolded for being OOC[4]?"

"It makes sense, at least they won't be scattering Japanese accessories all over the table. I really don't know why the screenwriter has a soft spot for these cute things."

"Probably she thinks Japanese related items are the most trending? She will post different photos of Japanese food every three days on instagram, people who do not know her would think she is the chef, what did she post yesterday? I remember her saying that she has just found this good restaurant?"

Zhang Chao let out a snort, "she must had spent more than 10,000 yuan there, they said it's the most expensive Japanese food in the area, but expensive does not mean good," obviously Zhang Chao had something to complain about the screenwriter, "the Japanese food are only good for photos because all I see in those photos are flowers and sauces; the actual Japanese food are very simple and to the point. Depending on how much you spend, you can get as many servings of fresh and tender seafood, the top Japanese food does not have sauces as background decorations. Her 10,000 yuan was basically paying for the tax."