Chapter 41: Being Honest

Sheng Xing Ze got up and walked to Pang Shi to sit down next to him.

"Do you want Senior Bin to misunderstand you like this?"

Pang Shi shook his head desperately, "I don't know what to do, it will be better if Meng Meng doesn't know."

"When I met Senior Bin Cong Meng, she was crying alone in the woods like a ghost, because you said you want to break up with her, a girl like her stays alone in that remote place; if people with ill intention were to see her there, it would be too late for you to be regretted."

"She was crying?" Pang Shi looked up at Sheng Xing Ze, his eyes were worried and distressed.

Sheng Xing Ze knew that he must feel horrible for making Bin Cong Meng cry. He patted Pang Shi's back and said to him in a soft voice, "Senior Bin Cong Meng cried very sadly. When I arrived, her makeup got smeared up due to her crying. She put on such delicate makeup to meet you, but she was met with such an ending. Can you really let go of her, Senior Pang Shi?"

Pang Shi continued to shake his head, Sheng Xing Ze knew that the other's last line of defense had collapsed, and he decided to give the other the last push, "I have no other merits, but my lips are quite tight, so Senior Bin Cong Meng was willing to tell me your stories. I know that you have something bothering you. You will feel much better saying it. Don't let it pile up inside, hm?"

Sheng Xing Ze could feel that Pang Shi's body was gradually relaxing, he stopped the movement of his hand, and took a cup of warm water to hand it to the other.

"Take your time, you can slowly tell me, I'm all ears."

Pang Shi said thank you in a small voice, took a sip of water from the glass, he thought about it and slowly opened his mouth: "Everyone in this circle only knows that I'm an orphan, so they take pity for me. However, I'm not an orphan at all, this is just a fake bio my company drafted up for me."

His eyes gradually cleared up, and his thoughts went to the long lost memory.

"Although our family was very poor when I was little, my parents were there. I was very happy. I followed my dad to work in the rice field in the morning and wore a needle with my mom to lead a thread at night. Those were the happiest days of my life."

"But then, my dad somehow got addicted to gambling. He stopped working altogether and gambled all the money. I still remember the time when he first won money, he went to town to buy a large piece of meat and said, it was for me and my mother to improve our meals and to make up for days we don't have good meals. At that time my mother asked him where the money came from. He refused to tell her, later on she found out that he had lost all of the family savings to gambling."

"My mother then hid the money and did not give any to him. He started to beat her, and after he finished beating my mother, he would turn to beat me. My mother couldn't take it anymore, so she left me behind with my father. I haven't seen her since then."

"Without my mother controlling my father, he got even more addicted to gambling. After he lost all the family's money, he went to borrow money from the villagers. Our villagers knew that he would not be able to pay them back, so none lent the money to him. Since he didn't have money to go gambling, he stayed at home and started to abuse me every day; then I finally ran away from him. I have been in the entertainment industry for so many years to gain my current status."

"He recently found me and said that if I don't give him money, he will ruin all that I have now. I didn't hear from him for so many years. When I returned to the village, the villagers told me that he started to steal valuable items from them for money and got himself kicked out, and there was no news of him."