Chapter 29: Getting Drunk

Proofreader: Rae Lee

As the Spring Festival approached, the shooting of "Xing Lan" gradually came to an end. Sheng Xing Ze returned to the set after a few weeks of recuperation and made the last few shots. With this, "Xing Lan" officially finished filming.

At the farewell party, Zhang Chao's face was flushed, and he kept on calling people around him his brothers. The screenwriter knew he was happy and did not stop him from drinking.

It was the first time that Hui Si Yong got to drink so freely, and he was being made to take shot after shot of alcohol by the seniors, and while doing so, he still had that innocent smile on.

Yu Bai was sitting at the main table. Those who did not dare to approach him before were now trying to come closer, and tried to have a toast with him. They did not know when they would get a chance to work with him again in the future, at least after tonight's farewell party, they could go out and boasted with others that they had had a drink with Yu Bai.

Fortunately, Yu Bai had a high alcohol tolerance, otherwise he would not still be able to keep such a calm and collected manner with rounds after rounds of toasts from people.

After taking courtesy toasts from everyone, Yu Bai stood up to take a breather. He wanted to go look for the one person who did not try to have a toast with him. He looked around, but could not find Sheng Xing Ze. He tried to search a bit further, and saw that Sheng Xing Ze was sitting alone by himself in a quiet corner. His face was in a daze with a suspicious blush on his face.

Sheng Xing Ze, in his previous life, was known as the 'drinker who never got drunk,' and he had always been the alcohol king at these parties; after he transmigrated, this body turned out to have low alcohol tolerance. Everyone knew he was still in the recovering period, so they let him replace alcohol with juice for toasting. However, Sheng Xing Ze was aroused by the alcohol aroma around him, so he secretly poured a small cup for himself to have a taste; after that, he had no idea what happened to him anymore.

Yu Bai walked over to him, bent down and waved in front of him.

"Sheng Xing Ze?"

Sheng Xing Ze raised his head in confusion and stared at Yu Bai's face for a long time, as if he did not recognize him. He slapped his face and wanted to stop his head from spinning, "Stop spinning."

A drunk Sheng Xing Ze spoke softly, with a tint of childishness in his tone.

Yu Bai had never seen this side of Sheng Xing Ze, so this action made his heart tremble. He subconsciously looked around, seeing that no one paid attention to them, he squatted down in front of Sheng Xing Ze, and put his hand on the other's head. He smiled and said, "Is it like this?"

Sheng Xing Ze moved his fingers to feel the touch on his head, his eyes squinted to have a careful look at the person in front of him, and finally he recognized it was Yu Bai, he grinned silly, "Brother Yu, did you come to get me?"

His hand slid down Yu Bai's hair and squeezed on Yu Bai's cheek. His whole body was glued onto Yu Bai's body, "Brother Bai, you're so soft." He put his head on Yu Bai's neck and rubbed on it gently, a happy smile was hanging on the corners of his mouth.

Yu Bai's body got stiff due to the rubbing, gently patted the evil hand on his face, stepped back a little to create some distance between them, then he handed Sheng Xing Ze a glass of hot water.

Sheng Xing Ze held the glass in his hands, like a child holding a baby bottle, and looked at Yu Bai with his eyes open while drinking.

Yu Bai saw that Sheng Xing Ze had started to spit bubbles, and the amount of water in the glass was still the same. He took the glass away from Sheng Xing Ze's hand and placed it on the table, ruffling his head, "Be good, I'll go tell the director that we are leaving early."