Chapter 28: Inmate Visiting

Sheng Xing Ze learned from Mi He Qiu that Hui Si Yong and his uncle made all the evidence public, and Hui Cheng was now being destroyed. Once he was being seen as an epitome of perfection in the audience's eyes, now the consequences of his image being ruined was quite miserable. By the time he has finished serving his time in prison, no one remembers he was once a film emperor.

Hui Si Yong chose a day that Yu Bai was not around to bring his parents to the ward.

"Brother Yu's eyes are always full of hostility every time I come over. I don't want my caring heart for Brother Sheng to be scared away by his eyes." Hui Si Yong's original words were like this.

Sheng Xing Ze told him that Yu Bai's eyes were the same no matter who he looked at, and Hui Si Yong's face with a smile inscrutable rejected this sentence.

Hui Hong Sheng -- Hui Si Yong's father -- was an older generation of domestic artists. He had not acted for a long time. Now he was focusing on teaching in the performing art school. It was said that his class is the most popular in the school. Every of his lectures would result in a crowded classroom.

Seeing Hui Hong Sheng himself, Sheng Xing Ze finally knew where Hui Si Yong's acting skill came from. With such a father teaching him at an early age, Hui Si Yong obviously had won others right from the starting line.

Mother Hui took the boiled fish soup from her husband and put it on the table as she greeted Sheng Xing Ze gently.

"Xing Xing, are you feeling better?" Mother Hui scooped a bowl of crucian carp soup and placed it in Sheng Xing Ze's hands. "Eat more soup to help your body recover."

"I'm much better now, thank you auntie."

Sheng Xing Ze looked at the milky and thick soup bowl, he made a crying face in his heart. This bowl of soup was like a bowl of poison from an old witch in his eyes, glowing in green aura as it called to him in a faint voice, "Come and swallow me."

Sheng Xing Ze really wanted to decline but he could not. He finally was able to convince Father Sheng to stop sending soup to him every day. Right when he thought he could eat something good, Hu Si Yong's family began to make it their job to deliver nutritious soup to him everyday.

He knew that it was their good intentions, and he could not say a word of refusal immediately. He picked up the spoon and started gulping down the soup without saying a word.

"Slow down, no one is going to take it away from you." Mother Hui was afraid that Sheng Xing Ze would choke on the food, and the patient with cracked bones cannot afford a violent cough, she could not help but to remind him when seeing he tried to swallow it down so quick, "If you like it, I'll scoop you another bowl."

Sheng Xing Ze gently refused Mother Hui's kindness. He did not want the taste to stay in his mouth for too long, that was why he finished it so fast, obviously he did not want another bowl.

Recalling the time that Yu Bai slowly fed him one spoon after another of soup into his mouth, it was a painful execution.

Sheng Xing Ze put the bowl aside, Mother Hui was sitting closest to him, and Hui Si Yong stood behind her.

After much consideration, Mother Hui slowly opened her mouth, "We came here today mainly to ask if you would like to see Hui Cheng with us."

She looked at Sheng Xing Ze's eyes, "We raised him for so many years, so going to visit him was the last sentiment that we can do. We want Hui Cheng to apologize to you. In this case, you are the most innocent victim. My husband and I are very sorry."