Chapter 16: Changing the Investor

Because they both finished work early, the sun was still out when they returned to the hotel.

"Are you planning to have hotpot tonight?" Yu Bai opened the door to let Sheng Xing Ze with bags of grocery into the room, "Mi He Qiu bought a lot."

"These are of good quality," Yu Bai naturally took the bags in Sheng Xing Ze's hands. He had done this action many times since Sheng Xng Ze started coming here every night to have free meals.

"Also, he's feeling much better now, alive and kicking," Sheng Xing Ze glanced at Yu Bai with hints, as if to say, but I still promised to accompany you to sleep.

Yu Bai understood the meaning behind Sheng Xing Ze's stare all at once. He felt guilty for a second, and he looked away from him. He hurriedly carried the bags into the kitchen and pretended to look at them: "Do you need help?"

Sheng Xing Ze followed him into the kitchen, then he looked through the plastic bags and handed the older man a bag of potatoes, "Can you peel these?"

Yu Bai looked at the covering in mud potatoes with disgust, and wished that he could stay a meter away from it, "Can I wash them first?"

Looking at Yu Bai's repulsive face, Sheng Xing Ze unconsciously laughed out loud, turning on the water and spoke in Yu Bai's direction, "they're fresh, don't be so disgusted, just wash them and they'll be clean."

The two of them quietly made dinner in the kitchen, no one spoke, only the sound of the water running and the chopping sound of the knife hitting the cutting board.

Although it was his first time, Yu Bai had done a very good job; the potatoes under his hands transformed from little dirty boys with black gourd rums to little cute ones with attractive yellow color. Every potato was washed very clean, Yu Bai also carefully picked out the bad parts.

When Sheng Xing Ze boiled the soup, he turned to look at Yu Bai's progress, "You really have talent for this, much better than me."

Yu Bai finished peeling the last potato, rinsed it and put it in the basket, "How do I cut them"

"I'll do it, I'm afraid you might cut your hand."

Yu Bai did not try to be brave, standing next to Sheng Xing Ze to watch him move his hands skillfully and quickly cut the potato into equal pieces.

"Where did you learn how to cook?" Yu Bai smelled the enticing fragrance from the kitchen, his eyes fell onto the young man wrapped in an apron who was busy cooking in front of the stove, suddenly he had this idea for the years to come, it would not be so bad to just be like this in the future.

"Don't you think a man who knows how to cook is very attractive?" Sheng Xing Ze turned his head to smile brightly, showing a neat row of white teeth and this sight made a light stir in Yu Bai's eyes. Even though Sheng Xing Ze said so with a smile as if it was the most beautiful thing, the real reason was not that beautiful at all.

In his previous life, Sheng Xing Ze once surpassed an A list actor to win the best actor at an honorable award ceremony, since then, he was able to thrive to the top of his career. The fans of the actor that he surpassed were not happy with the result and decided to take revenge on their idol's behalf. The person secretly put in the food that Sheng Xing Ze is allergic to in Sheng Xing Ze's lunch box. Fortunately, his life was not threatening because he was sent to the hospital in time; however, since then Sheng Xing Ze had developed a habit of making his own food. He would always make his own lunch every time he started in a new filming crew. It was a bit tiring, but at least he could guarantee his safety.

Thinking about this, Sheng Xing Ze's eyes got all gloomy; although it was just a short moment, Yu Bai saw it.

Yu Bai did not know what happened to Sheng Xing Ze, but it was obvious that Sheng Xing Ze did not want to tell him, and it was such a rare sight to see Sheng Xing Ze got this emotional, so he reached out his hand to touch the young man's head, "Very attractive."