Chapter 06: The Sheng's Parents

When Sheng Xing Ze came back, he saw the WeChat notification kept on flashing; his dad had been messaging him in the group chat since this morning.

Xing Baba: My son, don't hold your anger in alone, tell me and I'll find a way to help you.

Xing Baba: Xing Xing [1], don't listen to the nonsense on the Internet, those people have no idea what performing art is, do they even know what is being called acting? I believe in your acting. If you don't win an award, it's because the judges are blind.

Sheng Xing Ze put a piece of snack in his mouth while swiping up the chat history between him and his family in the chat group. The corner of his mouth had been curving up all this time.

He finally found the root of the original owner's confidence with such bad acting skill.

Xing Baba: Xing Bao [2], why are you ignoring me?

Xing Ma: Don't scream, your son hasn't got up yet.

Right when Sheng Xing Ze read this message, his manager Wan Bo Xue's call came in.

"We've made a thorough investigation on the matter, it's Yuan Xiu," his tone did not sound very good as he impatiently explained, "I'm telling you now is to warn you not to try any trick on him by using your influence; you know that the company is now touting him, no matter what you do, it will be suppressed by the company; so you can only swallow this loss."

Wan Bo Xue [3] was being hired by Father Sheng at a high price, indeed his knowledge in the industry was just like his name, very knowledgeable; and his business ability was as good as his knowledge; on the down side, he was also very well-known for exploiting his own artists.

It was just that his attention was never on Sheng Xing Ze. Although he received a high paycheck from Father Sheng, he did not treat Sheng Xing Ze as his own artist. He had always regarded him as a useless idol, seeing him as a stepping stone for other artists under his management. His main attention was placed on Lin Mu, another artist under his management.

When he got the role of Su Jin Mu, his first reaction was to give it to Lin Mu; but who knew that he got cut off by Sheng Xing Ze halfway. He was annoyed that he lost a chance to let his artist soar, and resented Sheng Xing Ze's self-assertion; that was the reason that Sheng Xing Ze had been on the set for many days yet he had never once come by.

And now he would be even more unlikely to offend Yuan Xiu for the sake of Sheng Xing Ze, he knew better which one is more beneficial for him.

"How long until my contract is up?" Sheng Xing Ze narrowed his eyes, a flash of danger flowing through them.

"Four and a half years left, I know you have someone backing you up. It'll just put you at a disadvantage to terminate the contract with the company now..." such flavorful words, in fact Sheng Xing Ze's termination was actually not favorable for him. He would lose a huge source of income.

"Needless to say," Sheng Xing Ze interrupted him, "I want to terminate the contract." He would show them how much they would have lost with him leaving for the company.

Hanging up the phone, Sheng Xing Ze heaved out a sigh of relief. The WeChat notification was still ringing, he held up his phone to take a look.

Xing Baba: What we should do when facing cyberbullying

Xing Baba: Some celebrities could not stand cyberbullying and committed suicide, what shoud we have done?

Xing Baba: When it comes to cyberbullying, some people resisted and some people swallowed it; yet, he took the matter up to the court.