Chapter 12: Haunted

Sheng Xing Ze stayed at home for two days, at first Mother Sheng was really excited to have her son home, but now seeing her son lazing around the house had upset her. She even thought of taking a broom to sweep him back to the filming set.

When he finally returned to the set, the newly organized crew seemed to be much more efficient.

Although Mi He Qiu also gained some time off with Sheng Xing Ze taking his vacation, in order to be able to report on the progress at any time, he did not leave the set. Also his idol had been hard-working with no rest, Mi He Qiu's work enthusiasm was extremely high.

"Brother Sheng, Brother Sheng, Yuan Xiu is finally gone. From the beginning, I really don't like his attitude. Right when he leaves the set, the atmosphere becomes refreshing instantly," Mi He Qiu sniffed the air in an impersonal manner, with an exceptionally exaggerating expression.

Sheng Xing Ze tapped his forehead, "Watch your words, kid."

The scandal on the Internet was indeed an excuse for Zhang Chao to substitute the actor, but it was definitely not the main reason.

He was already dissatisfied with Yuan Xiu; however, Yuan Xiu was the person arranged by Yu Bai, he could not do anything about it. This time the scandal caused such a huge commotion, plus Yu Bai did not seem to want to keep him around, so he took the torch and hurriedly chased Yuan Xiu out of the crew.

The new second male lead was a not-so-famous newcomer who had a very good acting skill; after having him performed with other actors several times, Zhang Chao was very satisfied with him.

Sheng Xing Ze spent another two days on the set to discuss the character with the screenwriter. The new script was now finally completed, which meant Sheng Xing Ze's vacation officially came to an end.

From the day Sheng Xing Ze returned to the set, Yu Bai was always ready to hand over his beloved bunny; even if he was a little reluctant, he could bear the pain to depart with the things he likes.

But Sheng Xing Ze seemed to have completely forgotten about this bunny. Out of his little selfishness, Yu Bai did not remind the other, holding onto a thin hope that Sheng Xing Ze forgot about this little bunny. Every night when Sheng Xing Ze came over to get a free meal from him, Yu Bai deliberately hid the little bunny under the quilt; then he continued to shoulder the responsibility of accompanying the bunny to sleep.

With no one causing trouble and only actors with good acting skill around the set, the shooting went very smoothly. Although the retake parts accounted for a large proportion, due to the fast shooting speed, everyone gradually caught up with the agenda.

Seeing that they could finish the filming earlier than scheduled, Zhang Chao had been kind to the actors. After all, they spent a lot to rent out the venue according to the scheduled agenda, if they were to wrap everything up now it would be just a waste. It would be better to let the actors be a bit more comfortable. As long as they did not have night shooting, it had been a routine for the crew to just stay at the set from nine to five during weekdays, and had the weekends off.

When Tao Yi Ning proposed for the fans visiting the set, Zhang Chao agreed without hesitation.

With Yu Bai's popularity, the fans on-set visiting was also a great opportunity to promote the movie , so he had no reason to refuse.

Tomorrow would be the day the Yu Fans get to visit the set. So the director asked everyone to work overtime on this rare occasion, he would like to finish filming most of tomorrow's shots ahead of time first. By the time they finished, it was already late at night.

Mi He Qiu did not come to the set today because he got sick, and Sheng Xing Ze just wanted to hurry back to take a bath and had a midnight snack. He gloriously left the script in the dressing room. He did not remember about it until he tried to look for it before heading over to Yu Bai's room to practice the lines with him, conveniently getting a free midnight snack from the other man.

There were a lot of carefully written notes in his script. Sheng Xing Ze was worried about it being lost. He slapped his head for being such a klutz as he walked back to the set alone.

There were other filming crews still working not too far away from here, even though the road was not brightly lit, at least everywhere was not dim.

In contrast, the shooting location of "Xing Lan" was extremely dark, and only a few black shadows could be seen blurry under the mapping of the other crew's lights.

For the first time seeing this spooky set, Sheng Xing Ze could not help but shudder and wanted to hurry back after he got what he came here for.

Afraid of the dark was a psychological issue he had in his previous life, it was not some kind of dark childhood upbringing. It was just whenever he was placed in a dark place, Sheng Xing Ze could not help but start to imagine the creatures in the dark and scaring himself.

In the late night unmanned set, the props were sitting on the tables, the costumes chatted over who is more beautiful, the wigs would be entangled with each other in a hug, cosmetics ran out of the box one by one, and a grim mask wearing black long hair and a white long skirt wandered around.

The more he thought about it the more Sheng Xing Ze got goosebumps all over, he had this feeling that there was another shadow behind him, and he could not help but look back twice, and the pace under his feet also sped up.

Silence surrounded him, Sheng Xing Ze could only hear his footsteps and the sounds of the camera clicking in the distance; when he was near the dressing room, a whimper of sobbing reached his hearing.

Sheng Xing Ze suddenly stopped moving, and his whole body just froze in place, thinking he must be hallucinating.

Holding his breath, Sheng Xing Ze deliberately breathed out slowly, but the sobbing sound did not disappear, instead it became even more clearly in the dark. Following the direction of the sound, Sheng Xing Ze looked at his destination--the dressing room.

The sobbing was still ongoing, Sheng Xing Ze trembled in fear, thinking he should give up.

It was just one night of not reading the script, not like it would affect his acting much; if anything, he could have just looked for Yu Bai and borrowed his, presumably he would not refuse.

Sheng Xing Ze told himself so, and turned on his heels to walk back.

A snorting sound came from behind, Sheng Xing Ze turned back with a strange look on his face. If there really was a female ghost, would this ghost be so ordinary?

Tangled in place, Sheng Xing Ze walked towards the dressing room.

The black door was tightly closed, the crying indeed did come from inside. Sheng Xing Ze recalled the location of the light switch, he mapped his steps in his mind, took a deep breath, and pushed the door open as if ready heading into a dead battle, within two to three steps he flipped the light switch.

The dark room suddenly illuminated by the white lights.

The little makeup artist who once gave him the custom cup held a tissue box and shrunk in the corner of the dressing room, and there were used tissue balls scattered around her.

The little makeup artist still had tears on her face, and looked at Sheng Xing Ze standing at the door with her nose still red.

The pleasant ringtone of his phone sounded loudly, Sheng Xing Ze mechanically connected the call.

A seemingly impatient voice came over the phone, "I'm hungry, why haven't you come yet?"

---