Chapter 49: Daughter-in-Law

Yu Bai turned off the hairdryer and combed Sheng Xing Ze's fluffy hair one last time.

Before Sheng Xing Ze was about to jump away from him, he took out the ointment prescribed by the doctor.

"Apply this onto the burned area."

When Sheng Xing Ze saw that the other man opened the ointment cap, he knew that Yu Bai would not let him refuse, so he stopped trying to get away from Yu Bai and obediently stretched out his hand to the man.

"Does it still hurt?" Yu Bai suddenly felt distressed when he saw the obvious reddish patch of skin on the younger man's arm. He squeezed out the ointment and applied it onto Sheng Xing Ze's arm carefully, for fear that he might hurt Sheng Xing Ze.

"It doesn't hurt anymore," Sheng Xing Ze stared at Yu Bai's fingers with his flushed ears. In fact, there was still a tingling pain in the burned area, but he did not want to make Yu Bai worried.

Yu Bai applied the ointment evenly and increased the temperature of the air conditioner in the room.

"Don't pull down your sleeves just yet, and if you're cold, you can cling onto me."

Sheng Xing Ze did not feel cold even one bit, instead he felt burning hot as they speak. If he were to cling onto Yu Bai, he would get burned on the spot.

He tried to find a topic to alleviate the awkward atmosphere in the room. A familiar scent came from the arm that has ointment applied on it. Sheng Xing Ze placed his arm to his nose and sniffed, "It seems to be...sesame oil scent."

Yu Bai also took a whiff with his nose, "It is."

"Suddenly I want to eat my father's seaweed and egg soup, with added sesame oil, it's really good." Sheng Xing Ze immersed himself in his imagination.

Yu Bai rubbed the younger man's stomach and said with a smile, "Hungry again?"

Sheng Xing Ze felt an itching urge and shrank away from the older man's claw.

The two made a fuss in the room for a while until Sheng Xing Ze's arm had absorbed all the ointment, Yu Bai allowed him to pull down his sleeve.

"The clothes now smell of sesame oil." Sheng Xing Ze complained.

Yu Bai took out a clean coat from Sheng Xing Ze's luggage, "Be good, try to bear with it for a bit, I've asked Mi He Qiu to bring two new sets of clothes over for you."

"Why does my assistant listen to everything you said?" Sheng Xing Ze reached out and put on the coat Yu Bai handed to him, and Yu Bai helped him straighten the collar.

"Because I'm his boss," he poked Sheng Xing Ze's puffed cheek.

Sheng Xing Ze evaded Yu Bai's hand unceremoniously, "But I'm the one signing his paycheck, by all means, I am his boss."

"Sure, sure, you are the boss, I'll have him listen to you from now on."

Sheng Xing Ze: "..."

This is the conglomerative way of speaking; moreover, Mi He Qiu should be listened only to me.

Sheng Xing Ze: Angry.jpg

Sheng Xing Ze put on his clothes; before leaving, he suddenly remembered something and stopped Yu Bai from opening the door, "Wait a minute, I have something to ask you, what's with Lin Mu's matter? Did it have anything to do with you?"

Yu Bai shook his head, "He has the courage to tamper with Hui Si Yong's cable, how Hui Si Yong's parents would let him go. With one word from Hui Hong Sheng, there is no way he can stay in the showbiz world; also his manager is the typical stepping the low and holding the high. After knowing that Lin Mu had offended Hui Hong Sheng, he immediately ignored him and switched to new recruits from the company. Lin Mu really has not been receiving any new work, since he doesn't have much education, so he could only come to the hot pot to find work."