Chapter 22: The Accident

Accidents always happen unexpectedly.

He had not started shooting yet, Hui Si Yong was being elevated up into mid-air ahead of time and was ready to start shooting. He brandished a prop sword to practice the moves before the actual filming.

A wire on his body suddenly broke due to a strong movement of his body, and Hui Si Yong's body fell uncontrollably and flew straight in Sheng Xing Ze's direction.

At that time, Sheng Xing Ze was closing his eyes and had his ears plugged to brew emotions for his character. His whole person was in his own small world, not paying attention to the commotion happening on the field.

"Sheng Xing Ze!" Yu Bai rushed over when he saw it, and Tao Tao, who was closest to him, tried to stop him, "Come back!" She shouted sharply behind Yu Bai.

Yu Bai turned a deaf ear and ran towards Sheng Xing Ze.

His speed was not as fast as Hui Si Yong's falling speed. Yu Bai saw that Hui Si Yong's body had landed heavily on Sheng Xing Ze's body. Hui Si Yong fainted on the spot, and Sheng Xing Ze, who had his eyes closed, was slowly opening his eyes as his face was filled with confusion.

Sheng Xing Ze was unable to move because of Hui Si Yong's body on top of him, and his whole chest was painfully burning. The chair that Sheng Xing Ze had been sitting on was crushed due to the impact. At this time, Sheng Xing Ze could only lean on the broken chair in a twisted posture.

The on field doctor briefly looked at their injuries; Even though Hui Si Young fell from high ground, since it was not too high and there was Sheng Xing Ze as his cushion, he did not sustain any serious injuries except for some minor scratches. Just that he had had never experienced this before, the shock caused the child to faint.

Sheng Xing Ze could not help but laugh, but this laughing motion caused a great friction on the wound of his body. It made him suck in a deep breath due to the throbbing pain.

Yu Bai sat on the ground beside him, holding Sheng Xing Ze's icy hands in his sweaty palms. Seeing that the man could still laugh after getting hurt this badly, he said with a not so happy face, "Don't laugh, you may hurt your ribs."

The moment he saw Sheng Xing Ze being knocked down, his heart hung in his throat, even now he still felt scared remembering that scene. Thinking about it, he unconsciously squeezed his hands tighter.

Sheng Xing Ze's hands got sore from the older man's grip, he bent his fingers, gently scratching the older man's palm.

Yu Bai felt Sheng Xing Ze's little movement, reacted with relief and looked down at him.

Seeing Sheng Xing Ze opened his mouth wanting to say something, Yu Bai thought he was hurting him, and covered his mouth with another hand, looking guilty, "Sorry, don't talk, it'll affect the wound."

Sheng Xing Ze mischievously blinked his eyes, slowly mouthing something to the older man.

Even though Sheng Xing Ze's mouth movements were not so clear, Yu Bai could still see what he wanted to say.

He said: I'm fine, it doesn't hurt, don't worry.

Yu Bai suddenly felt his chest tightened up painfully, watching Sheng Xing Ze lying on the ground and not moving, for the first time he felt so powerless.

The ambulance quickly rushed to the set. Sheng Xing Ze was being carried on the stretcher by the paramedics. Even if his face was so pale and looked painful, he did not forget to smile to comfort a worried Yu Bai.

Yu Bai sat next to him, holding his hand and never let go, "Don't smile, it looks uglier than crying." he said.

Looking at a pale face Sheng Xing Ze was smiling at him in order to comfort him, he felt bitter in his heart. The young man always teased him, even when he was in such a bad state, he still did not think of wanting to be pampered or to rely on him?