Chapter 13: The Famous Film Emperor Gets Jealous

The male voice from the receiver pulled Sheng Xing Ze back from his daze state. He took the phone away from his ear and looked at it in front of him, Yu Bai's name appeared on it.

"Can you hear me?" Yu Bai asked over the phone, his voice was not as impatient as it was before.

"I might have to trouble Film Emperor Yu to wait a little longer for me, there's something I have to do," Sheng Xing Ze hung up the call right when he said that, ignoring Yu Bai's angry words spouting out from the other line.

"What's wrong?"

He put the phone back into his pocket, then he walked forward and crouched down in front of the little makeup artist as he asked softly. He had a good impression of the little girl, she had a great professionalism in her work at such a young age, even Meng Xia praised that she was born to work in this profession. In addition, the little makeup artist grew up to be quite pretty and she always greeted everyone with a smile, and everyone on the set really liked her. Sheng Xing Ze had not seen her crying like this.

The little makeup artist did not expect someone to come back here at this late hour. She stared at Sheng Xing Ze with red eyes and did not say anything, as if all the sobbing earlier was not coming from her.

Sheng Xing Ze sat down next to her and gave her a soothing smile, "If you don't mind, you can tell me about it, my lips are quite tightened," he exaggerated with a zipping gesture across his lips as he blinked his eyes at the little makeup artist cutely.

The little makeup artist could not help but laugh a little, due to her bad mood, this smile was quite not that pretty; as if she had thought about something, her aura once again got all gloomy.

Sheng Xing Ze did not urge her to speak, instead he helped her to sit on the sofa and went back to where she was at before to clean up the tissue balls she created on the floor, then he quietly accompanied her by her side, letting her adjust her emotion.

When she saw Sheng Xing Ze start cleaning up the mess she made, the little makeup artist tried to stop him but she was being led to sit back down on the sofa by Sheng Xing Ze; seeing that Sheng Xing Ze got busy because of her, she could tell the other had never once touch the broom by the look of his non-callus hands, there was a stream of warmth spreading throughout her heart. The tears she tried so hard to hold in, now once again pouring out nonstop.

Facing Sheng Xing Ze's gentleness, she unknowingly put down her guard and slowly opened her mouth.

"I have a younger brother who is still in high school, his name is Wu Lu."

The little makeup artist named Wu You, younger brother named Wu Lu, Sheng Xing Ze could really feel their parents' desire for their kids to live a happy life just from their names. [1]

"Some time ago, Wu Lu got into an argument with my parents and ran away from home. We thought that it was just one of his rebellious stage, but we didn't think he has not come back until now."

"We've tried all means to look for him, but we still haven't found him, my parents are about to go insane. He is Brother Yu's fan, so when I saw his name on the list of selected fans coming to visit the set from Sister Tao, I'm sure that he will definitely come here tomorrow. I'm afraid that he doesn't want to go home with me, that means I will not be able to see him anymore. He's still a kid, how he can survive out there."

The little girl's nasal voice became vivid word after word, she had to stop intermittently between each line to finish talking, and finally she started sobbing uncontrollably.

Sheng Xing Ze sat quietly next to her, from time to time feeding her tissue paper to wipe her tears, he even put a trash can next to him to collect all the used tissues.