Flight Plan

Welcome aboard, FLIGHT series Book 1 Flight Plan.

This is your captain speaking.

Just a few reminders before we commence our flight. Kindly take note of the things below.

———

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Please be advised that this story contains strong language, and also mature themes in the future chapters that are not suitable for young audiences. Reader's discretion is advised.

Do not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any such content, nor may you distribute any part of this content over any network, including a local area network, sell or offer it for sale, or use such content to construct any kind of database. For permission to use, please contact me to gain permission.

———

⬩ This work had completed its thorough editing, but still might contain typographical and grammatical errors. Kindly bear with me.

⬩ The story is written in Taglish (a mixture of English and Tagalog). May have technical terms and aviation jargon, but I'll try to discuss it in the simplest of terms.

⬩The story could go technical most of the time, and having a character who observes details like some Sherlock Holmes, then sorry for being boring most (if not, all) the time. Because those technical experience could be told through a manual or training book, but not very tied with reality that you might think they are not possible; but they are possible, hence the technicalities in this story.

⬩ Kindly avoid mentioning other stories or characters in this story. Like, "Oh! I remember this one!" or "It's like this story that I've read before!" There are too many stories out there, and I could swear that I haven't read majority of them. I don't often read stories in Wattpad, since I prefer dystopian novels. Just because I am writing an aviation-related story doesn't mean that I've copied the idea or whatsoever, and please don't put the blame on me just because you still can't get over with the last story you've read.

⬩ The story is based on my own knowledge of how the aviation industry in the Philippines is. Being a pilot myself (currently a Private Pilot License holder, as of first writing this; and now a Commercial Pilot License holder, Instrument Rated, and an Airbus A320 First Officer type-rated, as of this latest edit), I know the experience firsthand. If you also have an experience of your own, I tell you that flying schools have different approaches of training. Everything is also twice and thrice confirmed; not just through internet researches but books, primarily of Oxford Aviation Academy EASA ATPL books series 1 to 14 (See more in: Sources & Credits). With that being said...

⬩ This story is meant to also break myths, false facts, and even a few dogma that the public knows about aviation. It is a way for me to reach out to readers the reality of flying in the Philippines.

⬩ Feel free to drop comments and likes. I'd loved to hear your reactions.

Flight Plan is planned to be part of a series. Positive reviews and high demand of readers will determine the continuation for future books.

———

For more information and to remain updated with Flight Plan and other stories, follow me on Twitter at @23meraki, where I post random trivia, aesthetic boards, and etc.

Sharing is also a good option to your friends who might enjoy the story. Kindly used the hashtags #FLIGHTseries01 and #FSFlightPlan when you do so since I love hearing my readers' comments.

———

DEDICATION

To all who've been with me since the start until the end of my training:
from my family and friends, to my GIs, FIs, SFIs,
and most importantly, to my AAG Batch 43 family.

———

!!! NOTICE !!!
A/N (24 October 2023): This story is currently undergoing thorough editing. A chapter already finished with the said editing could be hinted with the change of chapter header, and an additional A/N of when it had been lastly edited. A complete editing of the entire story will be hinted by a change of book cover. Thank you for understanding!

A/N (10 January 2024): This story officially underwent thorough editing, and now all chapters were up to date. Thank you, and happy reading; my dear travelers! 💙

———

Fasten your seatbelts, and prepare for take-off.

On behalf of everyone who've helped me in making this story, including you as readers, thank you and happy reading!

May you enjoy our flight. 💙

———

A teaser/preview of the heroine's flight plan as commemoration for the beginning of this book.