Yearbook Committee (Akaashi Keiji)

Hera was typing away on her computer when she felt a tap on her shoulder

Hera was typing away on her computer when she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was the Yearbook/Journalist Committee's President.
"Hey, Prez. What's up?"
"I got permission to make a story about the members of the male volleyball team and I need you to take pictures of the guys playing. I would do it, but you're better," the President said.
"No problem, Boss. I'll get it done," Hera answered.
"Great, thanks a bunch. Just email them to me.". With that, he walked away. Hera packed her stuff up, grabbed her camera, and walked out of the room towards the gym. She yarned as she knocked on the door before entering.
"Hey, Young Lady, this is a closed practice," the coach told her.
"I'm Hera Hegans with the Yearbook and Journalist Committee. I was told to take pictures of the team," Hera replied.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Go ahead but watch out for stray balls because they will hurt you.".
"Thanks, Coach.".
"Oi Coach! Who's the hot foreigner? Our new manager?" a loud voice asked, earning laughter and whistles.
"Cut it out, boys. She's from the Yearbook and Journalist Committee coming to snap some pics of you. Continue practicing," the coach announced.
"Sorry to interrupt. Just pretend I'm not here?" Hera added as she bowed before walking towards the bleachers. She found a spot that was close enough to get go pictures but far enough to avoid getting hit. She just watched a little bit of them warming up and took pictures every now and then. She used to play volleyball back in her hometown in America so she would watch the volleyball games whenever she could, especially the male teams due to the fact that there are no male volleyball teams in America to her knowledge. When it was finally time to do matches, she got a bit closer to catch the action. She took pictures of each person and their techniques, something she was good at spotting. While the guys took a five-minute break, Hera used that time to look at the pictures she took and was amazed by how good they came out. Since it was her first time taking pictures of sports in general, it really did shock her that she did so well.
"Hey, cutie!" the voice from earlier called out, making her look up out of instincts to see a guy with spikey gray and black walking towards her.

Behind him was a guy with black hair who looks distant

"Do you mind if we take a look at your pictures?" Spikey hair asked.
"Not at all. Go for it.". So she handed him her camera and he looked through it, amused.
"Wow. Look, Akaashi. These are so cool," Spikey said as he showed the pictures to the guy beside him whose name was apparently Akaashi.
"By the way, my name is Bokuto. The brut next to me is Akaashi," he adds as he hands the camera back to Hera.
"I'm Hera. Nice to meet you," she replied holding her hand out for them to shake.
"Your hair is so cool and it goes well with your cute personality," Bokuto complemented, leaning closer and making Hera shy.
"Bokuto, don't get in her face. It's making her shy," Akaashi warned as he pulled Bokuto back some.
"I'm sorry it's just I'm not used to seeing black girls in person and this close at that. And one so cute.".
"That's because she's the only black girl in our school.".
"Thank you, but this is a bit much.". Suddenly a whistle blow, signaling break was up.
"Well sorry, beautiful, but we got to go back. See you after practice," Bokuto told Hera as she went back down with the others.
"I'm sorry about him," was all Akaashi said before following behind Bokuto. Hera smiles softly before getting ready to take more pictures.

Soon it was time for practice to end and Hera was picking up her stuff as Bokuto and Akaashi approached her.
"Hey, Hera. Let us walk you home. It's too dangerous for you to be walking this late," Bokuto suggested.
"Um, are you sure?"
"He's right. You'll be safe with us," Akaashi agreed, helping Hera down from the bleachers.
"Well I guess there would be safety in numbers," Hera answered.
"Great! Let's go!". The three of them left the gym together.

The three of them became really good friends after that. Hanging out at each other's house, playing volleyball at the gym, playing video games, eating out, and walking to and from school together. Bokuto thought of Hera as the homie who so happened to be hot, but Akaashi thought that she was cute and developed some feelings for her. Hera had found Akaashi very attractive but was to shy to tell him because he and Bokuto were her homies and she didn't want things to get uncomfortable with them.

The volleyball boys were having a training camp with some other schools and Bokuto invited her to come with them. Hera hesitated until Akaashi told her that the other schools have female managers she could hang with until their done training. Hera thought about for three days before agreeing. Upon arrival, she was very nervous about meeting new people, but Bokuto had a friend from Nekoma's team who was friends with a team with a female manager from a school called Karasuno. Hera started talking to their two managers, Kiyoko and Yachi, and immediately hit it off. Then other female managers, including the ones from Hera's school, joined the conversation. When the guys started their rounds the three of them watch their respected team while maintaining a basic conversation. After long hours of training, it was finally dinner time. After eating, Hera changed into something comfortable to play volleyball with Bokuto and Akaashi. Their friends Kuroo, Kenma, and Tsukishima will be joining them as well. Once dressed, she went down to the gym.

"Sup, Geeks!" Hera shouted walking in on the boys hitting the ball back and forth

"Sup, Geeks!" Hera shouted walking in on the boys hitting the ball back and forth. The guy from earlier, Kuroo turn to see Hera and whistled.
"Hey, Hot Stuff, you shouldn't wear stuff like that around here!"
"Boy, please. My homies wouldn't let anything happen to me. They protect me," Hera shot back as she threw her arms around Bokuto and Akaashi.
"Okay, Princess. You with the big dogs now. You think you up to the plate?" Kuroo teased.
"Trust. She's a powerful player," Akaashi complemented.
"Yeah! Number one!" Bokuto added.
"Okay, we'll see. As a matter of fact, let's make things interesting." Was all Kuroo said, gaining interest from everyone. After debating, the teams were decided. Kenma, Tsukishima, and Akaashi were on team one while Hera, Bokuto, and Kuroo were on team two. Soon enough, the game commenced.

After three long and solid games, team two won. Hera may have been on the short side, but she was a whopping 5'8; taller than most girls her age and taller than Kenma. The boys went to drink water but, Hera her water bottle at home. Then she felt a tap on her shoulder and upon turning around she saw it was Akaashi holding his water bottle above her head, signaling her to lift her head. She did and he pour some of his water in her mouth because he knew she didn't like to drink directly from other people's straws or bottles. After a few gulps, Akaashi asked if she had enough, and when she answered yes, he pets her head. They all played one more long game before calling it a night. Kenma, Kuroo, Bokuto, and Tsukishima went to the guys' sleeping area while Akaashi volunteered to walk Hera back to the girls' sleeping area. After reaching the first half of the stairs, Hera was about to turn the corner to walk up the rest of the stairs but was back into Akaashi, who hugged her waist.
"Hera, I... I really like you. And I wanted to know if you thought as me more than just a friend," Akaashi whispered near her ear. Hera was stunned, to say the least, but mostly happy. She held his cheeks, pushed him back, and nodded yes before pulling him in for a kiss. He was taken aback by the kiss but kissed back anyway.