Chapter Twenty-three

- Vainqueur -

"Your mindset"

"Your mindset"

At the same time with the entrance exam

Tartarus...
Third person's POV...

"And she never let him go into the kitchen again." Ichinose ended his story while wiping the tears that leaking out from his eyes caused by laughing non stop. He just told Kai a story about his cousin that never let her son enter the kitchen because the son will exploded it afterwards.

He and Kai were currently inside the infirmary of Tartarus after a table was thrown at him by Rappa this evening. And the reason of why Rappa throw the table was unknown to the guard.

"What a lively family you have there Ichinose. You must be very happy." Kai said still chuckling. For a slightest Ichinose's smile flattered, even for a slightest moment, Kai noticed it. He watched as Ichinose pulled a pained smile on his face.

"Yeah..." he said voice lowering as if he wanted to cry. Slowly Kai extended his hand and caresses the face of the guard that see him as himself and not a villain that once tortured a defenseless kid.

As someone who has germaphobia, Kai hate direct contact even if the person only touch his clothes with a bare hand. He even uses gloves in his daily life. And yes even in Tartarus he asked for gloves.

But he doesn't know why, he didn't feel disgust with the guy that stood before him right now. He just caressed his cheek with his bare hand.

He doesn't want to see the pained look on his face. The looks reflected the same look on Izuku's face when she told him her past. The reason why she still helped him even though he's a villain.

And also he consider Ichinose only as a friend.

Right?

Kai didn't say anything, but somehow... Ichinose felt like he understands him. Like he know what the ex-villain wanted to say or ask him.