First Night Together

Nancy and the others were in the living room, as Cricket was outside, sitting on the back porch, holding his head up with his hands.
He sadly frowned, as he watched the Ants on the ground.

"Hmm..." Cricket said.

Two Ants were carrying a Cookie crumb, helping eachother carry the big piece over to a nearby anthill. Moments later, one of the other Ants got crushed by the food, with the other Ant acting not-so-very sad. Instead, another Ant crawl up, and the two left the crushed Ant, as they carried the food off.

Cricket helped the Ant up, and placed him on his finger, sadly looking at the creature.

"Yeah... I know how it feels to be replaced." Cricket sadly told the Ant.

As he looked at the Ant, he was suddenly interrupted by Remy, who had opened the back door, smiling.

"Hey, Cricket! Aren't you gonna come inside and celebrate? You're gonna have a baby brother or sister!" Remy said.

Cricket put the Ant down, continuing to sadly look down at the ground.

"Yeah, I'm as exited as I can ever get..." Cricket replied.

Remy confusingly frowned at Cricket. Cricket's tone was sad, along with his expression. Remy knew Cricket for a long time, he could tell if he was lying.

"...Cricket? Are you okay?" Remy asked.

Cricket sighed sadly, and turned to Remy.

"It's just... I'm kinda worried. Ya know? I feel like I'm being... replaced." Cricket replied.

Remy smiled and chuckled.

"Aww! Cricket! You can NEVER be replaced! Not even a Doppelganger can replace you!" Remy replied.

Cricket frowned.

"Easy for you to say, you're not about to have a younger sibling." Cricket said.

Remy grabbed Cricket's shoulder, and continued to smile.

"I may not have a younger sibling, but I've known you for years! Nothing can replace you, your my very best friend!" Remy said.

Cricket then started to smile.

"Thanks, Remy, that's really nice." Cricket said, smiling.

Remy handed out his hand, and helped Cricket up, who smiled at Remy.

"Now, what do ya say we join the party?" Remy asked.

Cricket continued to smile.

Meamwhile, inside the house, Bill, Nancy, and Tilly sat on the couch.

"So mama, am I being the eldest sister to a brother or sister?" Tilly asked.

"Well, we don't know, Tilly! We've gotta wait a little while before we can find out." Bill replied.

"Yeah! Right after they're born, that's when we'll find out!" Nancy said.

Bill confusingly turned to Nancy.

"Wait, I thought we were going to have a gender reveal party before that." Bill said.

"What? Why would we do that? We wanna be surprised!" Nancy asked.

"Well, I'd like to know the gender, so we can prepare! Like, if it's a girl, we should make a pink crib." Bill replied.

Gramma scoffed.

"Would you two shut up?! Geez!" Gramma yelled.

Everyone jumped, startled.

"You two are so annoying! First of all, you go behind my back and have another baby!" Gramma replied.