2 ; It's complicated

August 28, 2018

I didn't get to sleep, not even for a few minutes, and before I knew it, the sun was already up annoying the shit out of me.

The cock, or should I say the rooster, in the neighborhood was already crowing

cock-a-doodle-doo, which pisses me off even more.

I remembered forcing myself to get up, not even bothering to do my morning routine, and going down the stairs into the dinning room.

"You wake up early, Nana." Dad said, taking a sip of his coffee while reading his daily newspaper.

"Didn't get much sleep," I mumbled, grabbing his coffee and taking a sip out of it, only to spit it out of my mouth. "Taste gross!" I complained, wiping the bitterness off of my mouth.

Dad chuckled, shaking his head and grabbing tissue papers in the middle of the dinning table giving it to me. "Go make yourself some tea, honey."

"After drinking your coffee, I will papi, I will," I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

I wiped the disgusting coffee I spit out of off the floor, throwing it in the trash bin.

"Where's mami?" I asked him.

"Still sleeping,"

"I'll go wake her up," I said, going out of the dinning room.

"Don't honey," dad exclaimed, looking at me. "Let her sleep, it's five in the morning. She does not have to wake up until seven,"

I groaned at him. "I'm hungry,"

"Go cook yourself something then, Sana."

"But- ugh, okay. Whatever," I walked out of there and proceeded in the living room, plopping down on the couch.

How come our family still looks like we can manage, but deep down we were already broke. Or so that's what they implied to me days ago.

They said they couldn't send me to college, and now I'm here, stuck in the middle of a thunderstorm. I don't know if I should blame them for it, or should I just accept the fact that I can't do anything about it anymore.

I breathed in and out a couple of times before deciding to go back to my bedroom. Once I was inside, I lay down my bed and before I knew it, I heard my phone

pinged.

From Unknown: [Recieved at 5: 46am]
Good morning Ms. Sana. This is Lukard Chou's secretary, Natasha Kim. He needs you in his office at 3pm to talk about things.

My heart started beating erratically as I read the message. I was contemplating if I should reply. I can still back out, right?

Just chill, Sana. Pretend you're confident.

To Unknown: [Sent at 5: 48am]
I'll be there before 3. Thanks for telling me.

Was my reply okay? Gosh, what did I get myself into.

From Unknown: [Received at 5: 52am]
Don't bother, Miss. Someone will pick you up at 2:30 today. Be ready by then.

To Unknown: [Sent at 5:53am]
Wait what? Do you know where I live?

From Unknown: [Received at 6: 00am]
Sir Chou has plenty of connections all over town. He may or may not know all about you in a matter of two days ;)

What the actual fuck?!