57 ; Start anew

October 22, 2018

Two weeks. I had been going in and out of the hospital for two weeks. Momo was in a coma but the doctors said that she had a higher chance of waking up soon. Luckily the bullet that penetrated her abdomen wasn't that deep.

And as for Tzuyu? It was unfortunate for the both of us because every time I would visit her, she was sleeping and when she's awake it's either I was in school or I was at home.

My parents questioned my disappearance and asked what happened to my body as I was covered in bruises and wounds, I was lucky enough that Lukard had explained everything to both my parents in person. And it would be an exaggeration to say that my dad almost had a heart attack which caused Lukard to joke about how his wife's heart shouldn't go to waste anytime soon.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon along with Yeri were so sorry with what happened as it was all over the news. Ashley died and the bad news reached her dad which caused him into a psychotic breakdown. He had been in and out in the court of law but just a week of trial he was sent in a mental asylum for insanity and he would be serving his time in there.

Mr. Sparks was proven to be guilty of the car accident that had occurred almost twelve years ago which caused the fatal death of Momo's family. The officials had managed to track down the bribed judge who handled the case. He had confessed to altering the courts decision to make the car accident an accident without any foul play and he too was sent to jail.

The ill-gotten wealth of the Sparks were, of course, returned to both Momo who is the heir of the late Hairai and also to Lukard while the rest were given to three charities, one outside of the city and two locally.

I was currently in my last class with Yeri, Jeongyeon and Nayeon. The professor was saying something when the bell rung which caused everyone to stand and grab their things, leaving the room in a haste. After all it was the weekend.

"Do you have any plans tomorrow? Jeongyeon and I are planning to have a sleep over tomorrow night," Asked Nayeon who was walking hand in hand with Jeongyeon in front of Yeri and I as we descended out of the university.

"Can't," Yeri sighed. "Sam's out this weekend so I have to take care of his restaurant, sorry,"

"Nuh, that's fine. What about you Nana?"

I looked at her in disgust. "And what? Be a thirdwheel to you and Jeongie? Pretend to be sleeping while you do the dirty dirty at night? No thanks,"

The three of them chuckled as I smiled. "Shut up," Nayeon said, playfully rolling her eyes.

"It won't be the first time it'll happen, Nana," Yeri said, laughing. She was right.

Jeongyeon playfully shoved Nayeon which caused us to laugh again.

"Anyway, Nana are you going to ride with us or with Yeri?" Jeongyeon asked when we reached outside school and in the parking lot.

This morning, Nayeon and Jeongyeon picked me up which left me no choice but to leave my car behind.

"I don't think she will be needing a ride from any of us," Yeri said which left the three of us confused.

"Why?" I asked.

Yeri then pointed behind me. I turned around only for my heart to jump out of my chest. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Tzuyu was leaning on the right side of her infamous white sports car that I grew to love during our times together. When she saw me turn around, she smiled widely at me, removing her Raybans which caused my heart to flatter. It had been two weeks since the last time I saw my favorite green eyes.

"Damn," I heard Jeongyeon say. "That's your Tzuyu?"

I then heard Nayeon complaining and getting jealous.

"Baby, I'm kidding," Jeongyeon chuckled, followed by kissing sounds.

"I guess that's my cue to leave," Yeri said, chuckling. "I'll see you guys on Monday,"

I averted my eyes away from Tzuyu for a few seconds, saying bye to Yeri as I gave her a hug and then quickly looking at Tzuyu once again.

She opened the passenger door for me even if I were far away from her, smiling as she encouraged me to ride with her. I missed her truly. I said a quick goodbye to the couple beside me as I approach Tzuyu nervously.

Why am I still nervous? It's just Tzuyu.

I then stepped in front of Tzuyu, only inches away as I offered her a nervous smile. "Hey," I said, having the courage to look her deep in the eyes.

"Hi, Sanny," she happily greeted. There goes the nickname again.

"When were you discharged out of the hospital?"

"Last night," she smiled. "Couldn't reach you so I didn't bother to tell you, besides you might be tired,"

"Oh," I was a bit disappointed but nonetheless I gave her a smile. "How did you know that I was still here?"

"Dad said that your class ends at five, so I was hoping that I could catch you here and I was right,"

I rolled my eyes, pulling her in a hug that I had been longing. She wrapped her arms around my waist in return. We hugged away in the parking lot and I honestly couldn't get enough. I was just so happy and thankful that she was alive and alright.

"Let's go, shall we?" She whispered in my ear which caused shiver down my spine.

"We shall," and then the both of us ended up chuckling.

Her being the gentlewoman that she is, let me in the car before closing the door for me. I watch her ran on the other side of the car and then getting in on the driver's seat beside me.

"Where are we going?" I asked her, out of curiosity.

"I was hoping we could pick up something to eat on the way to the hospital. Momo had been bugging me to see you," she then started driving out of the school's car park.

"What?! She's awake?! When?!" I almost shouted, making her laugh lightly.

"Like two hours ago, I think. For someone who just got out of coma, she sure is lively," she chuckled.

"It's Momo! She's always happy and jolly, duh!"

Tzuyu chuckled. "I know right,"

When we reach the food joint of my choice, I quickly faced the door to my right to open it but Tzuyu held my left hand which caused me to halt my action.

I looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows. "What's up, Tzuyu? Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah I'm fine, I just... I'm just happy that nothing bad happened to you," she smiled sadly.

"If there's someone who should be worrying in here, it should be me. Ashley was supposed to hit me with that wooden crate, not you. You passed out after that. Your face was bleeding badly," I slowly reached up to caress the side of her face that was covered in bruises as I look at the side of her face with a small patch of bondage to prevent her wound from getting infected.

She shrugged. "I couldn't watch her hurt you,"

I tried hiding my smile but I couldn't. "Why?"

She looked down, breathed in and then looking up to stare at my dark orbs. "Because.." she swallowed before chewing her lower lips.

"Because?"

She closed her eyes before speaking. "Because I love you," she whispered.

My smile reached my ear at her confession. I knew she had told me she loved me like two times or three times already but this was different. "What was that? I didn't hear you," I teased.

"I mean, I'm willing to wait for you, Sanny. I'm in love with you, so much!" She then opened her eyes to look at me with puppy eyes, scared of what I'll say.

I rolled my eyes, wrapping my arms around her neck as I pulled her closer. "I love you too, you idiot!"

I then pulled her down in a kiss that changed both our lives for the better. I love her so much, and that will never change.