37 ; Im ready

October 02, 2018

When the next day arrived, I didn't have anything in mind but to head straight to Chou Enterprises.

I was determined to sign the contract Mr. Chou had asked me more than two weeks ago. After everything Tzuyu had been through since she was nine, I felt like I needed to be there for her.

Last night, after our running session with the doctor of the private hospital where her mom was confined in, she stayed silent driving me back home but had managed to smile at me from time to time.

She kissed me goodbye in front of my house and told me that she'll text me when she can. We had managed to exchange numbers two days after our first date– that was also the day I realized that I might have little feelings for her, just a little though.

Although every time my mind would go back and look at those two weeks that we've been together– going to dates, showing me the places she loves, taking me to expensive restaurants, going to theatre, driving me around town and even cuddling at night– I had concluded that the little feelings I had for her wasn't little at all.

I was surely falling for her, and I'm not going to back down now. She hadn't given up on her mom, I wouldn't want to give up with her either.

When I woke up at 9:40 this morning, the first thing I did was to look at my phone to see if there are any texts.

When I found two texts from Tzuyu and from Yeri, I opened Tzuyu's first– feeling tingles all over my body.

She told me that she's sorry she couldn't see me today because she'll be visiting her mom, I hope she really is staying with her mom and not trying to explore another thing. By another thing, I meant another woman.

She could have simply ask me to come with her. But maybe she needed an alone time with her mom. What can I say? I have to have trust in her, so I let it go.

I quickly replied saying that it's okay and that I'll probably spend time with her another time. And then I opened Yeri's message and she's asking me to meet up with her in which I declined politely.

"Sans?" A voice called with a hint of shock.

I turned around to find Momo holding stacks of papers on her side as her left hand held her chest, looking at me in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, walking towards me and pulling me in a tight but a short hug.

I reciprocated until we pulled away. "I'm here to talk to Mr. Chou," I breathed out audibly before continuing, "is he available?"

"He's actually in a meeting right now, but–" she looked at her clock, "he'll be out in five minutes. Wanna wait in his office?" She smiled, pulling me towards the elevators.

"It's not like I have a choice," I playfully said as I let her pull me inside, both of us chuckling at my words.

When we reached the floor of Mr. Chou's office, I greeted Tori on the way and it looked like she was surprised that I was there but she's happy at the same time.

"Take a seat, Nana.." Momo said, pointing to the seat in front of Mr. Chou's large desk as she sat on her dad's recliner on the opposite side of the table before placing the stacks of papers on top of it. "How are you?" She asked when I was comfortably seated.

"I'm doing really great," I blushed, hinting something at her.

"Oh really?" She smirked, "By doing great you meant..?"

"Spending time with Tzuyu.. the real Tzuyu," I bit my lip, trying to suppress my smile.

"Yeah?" She excitedly exclaimed. "Tell me about it,"

So there, I told her about our first date. How Tzuyu had treated me like a princess all throughout the last two weeks that we spent time with each other, and taking me to places I've never even heard before.

Momo squealed, running up to me as she hugged me. "That's a good news, isn't it?" She pulled away, standing inches away from me.

"It is," I blushed, looking away.

Seconds later, the door opened. Mr. Chou was smiling when he opened the door. "Well, look who it is." He playfully said, walking up to his desk and sitting on his recliner. "What do I owe this pleasure?"

"She was just telling me about Tzuyu, dad!" Momo excitedly informed her adoptive father.

"Yeah? And how did it go? I assumed that the smile you're sporting on right now is a sign of a good news, am I right Sana?" Mr. Chou smiled.

"It is," I nodded, smiling back at him. "Tzuyu and I went out a couple of times,"

Mr. Chou cooed at that as Momo squealed happily. "Where did you guys go?"

I blushed. "She took me to a lot a restaurant and let me try different dishes. She also took me to some of her favorite places that she said she really loves," I told them details of detail of the things Tzuyu and I did, even the cuddling sessions and the way she opened up to me. "She even let me see her mom and I wa—"

Before I can even stop myself from saying that, especially that I wouldn't know what their reaction would be, Mr. Chou cleared his throat and adjusted his collar as his demeanor, along with Momo's, changed.

"I.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to,"

My confidence went down hill in a matter of two seconds and I was completely embarrassed.

"I," Mr. Chou paused, wiping his forehead with his hand. "Tell us about it,"

So I told them about the things Tzuyu told me regarding her mom, the accident, and that she might be hinting at me that she was a part of that accident too.

"She... she is indeed a part of that accident too," Mr. Chou choked out, confirming my thoughts. "She was in that car accident, but I believe that's not why you've came here," he suddenly changed the topic.

It must be really hard for him. I mean, he needed to act like a father and at the same time be a mother for his children. I must only imagine, having no one beside you to raise your kids is a very difficult task.

"Please tell us you are not backing down," Momo hoped, holding her hands together.

Instead of feeling bad about the situation, I let out a large smile as I shook my head at them lightly. "I'm actually ready to sign the contract," I confidently told them.

I heard Momo sighed in relief before looking at Mr. Chou. He was smiling proudly at me as Momo rejoiced. Momo then pulled me up for a big bear hug to which I reciprocated back.

Soon, I'll be able to know what really happened to Tzuyu. And I promise, I'll be patient with her.