40 ; Numb and empty

October 05, 2016

I knocked three loud times and even rang Ashley's doorbell, hoping she's inside her penthouse just down the hall to Tzuyu's penthouse.

When I heard a loud "wait," coming from inside her penthouse, tears started pooling in my eyes as my breathing started becoming complicated.

I hope Tzuyu is still asleep and not bewildered about me gone. For sure the next time we see each other, she won't make it easy on me.

The door knob of Ashley's penthouse turned and then her door opened. I saw confusion and surprise in her face the moment she sees me.

"Wha.. what are you doing here?" She asked, sounding very confused. "Tzuyu's penthouse is that way," she added, almost rolling her eyes as she pointed to the other hallway leading up to Tzuyu's.

Tears spilled and I fell limp in her arms. She caught me on time and dragged me softly inside, hugging me by the waist. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

"Make it go away," I whimpered as she sat me on her sofa, making me face her as she sat too.

"What?" She tilted her head to the right, narrowing her beautiful blue eyes.

"The pa... pain," I stuttered, letting the tears fall freely.

She started wiping them away. "What do you want me to do?"

"I.." I paused. "I don't know,"

"Do you want some ice cream?" She offered politely. "To make the pain go away, you know?"

I shook my head, catching my breath. "Can you, can you cuddle with me?"

Shock ate her face away before composing herself and then nodding not completely sure if she should cuddle with me. "Do you.. want to cuddle here or in my bedroom?" She asked nervously.

"Can we just stay here?"

"Okay," she smiled lovingly, wiping the rest of my tears off of my face. We then get in position, me being the little spoon and her the big one.

The way she caresses my hair from time to time made me forget everything that happened within my past 24 disaster hours.

"What happened to you?" She whispered after many minutes of cuddling.

I sniffled, releasing a deep breath. "A lot of things,"

She huffed silently. "Come on, Sana. Be honest,"

"It's just.."

"It's Tzuyu isn't it?"

"Not completely,"

"Then what is bothering you?"

"My dad.. he's sick, really sick,"

"What happened? Is he okay? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just numb and empty. And then there's Tzuyu's being a total bitch," we both chuckle at that.

"I'm not surprised," she said and it feels like she was rolling her eyes from behind me.

Before we can even talk furthermore, we heard commotion coming from the hallway. Both of us sat up, looking confused.

She stood up and walk to her door and out the penthouse to which I followed but I just stayed inside, thinking Tzuyu was outside.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SURE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HER LEAVE THE PLACE?!" Someone shouted.

I know that voice.

I froze, not really wanting to face Tzuyu's rage.

"We're not sure, ma'am," a man's voice said nervously. ",the place is too big. We haven't noticed if she left or is still here,"

"You idiot!" Tzuyu shouted once again. "Find her or I'll fire you! Understand?!"

"Ye– yes, ma'am,"

"Tzuyu will you calm down?" I heard Ashley say.

"Shut the fuck up, Sparks!"

"She's just probably around, so calm down will you?"

I heard Tzuyu snicker. "Maybe she's with you?!" She hissed. "Are you hiding her?!"

"Wh.. what? Of course not!"

"Why so defensive then, huh Ashley?" Tzuyu said with venom in her tone.

"She's not with me, okay?"

"Whatever you say," Tzuyu dismissed which made me sigh in relief.

The door knob turned and Ashley entered, sweat in her forehead. "She's gone," she said.

"Thanks,"

"It's no problem," she then closed her door and we walk back to her couch. ",let's continue our cuddle session, whatcha think?" She said, smiling at me.

I nodded my head, finally being able to breathe freely. We then sat on her couch, I was just about to lay down but she made me face her.

She was looking at me with an expression I couldn't even read. "You're beautiful," she whispered, leaning in slowly.

I froze for the thousand times this day, not really knowing what to do.

Her lips touched mine but before she can even start moving her lips against mine, a booming voice of jealousy, hatred, shock, and anger was heard behind us.

"YOU BITCH! I knew you were keeping her here!"

I quickly pulled away, fast enough to see a raging Tzuyu glaring right at me and Ashley.

I stood up, distancing myself away from Ashley and looking down at the floor in fear, with my hands sweaty and shaking.

Tzuyu stomped angrily on where I was and gripped on my left upper arm with her right hand harshly, pulling me closer to her. "You're coming with me!" She gritted.

"Tzuyu, let go of her!" Ashley shouted.

"Shut up!"

Tzuyu then dragged me into the hallway and out the door, only for my arms to be yanked back by Ashley.

Tzuyu growled, letting go of me completely, walking angrily at where Ashley stood beside me. She pushed her hard and pulled her hair, dragging Ashley inside the door.

"Stay there and don't move! Do you hear me?!" Tzuyu shouted at Ashley.

"Fuck y—" before she can even finish, Tzuyu slapped her.

"Leave Sana alone, Ashley! Don't come near her or I'll do something you won't like!"

"No, you stay away from her!" Ashley retorted back.

Tzuyu raised her arm to hit the blondie once again, but Ashley crawled away.

The green eyed woman turned to face me as I watch Ashley on the floor, holding her cheek that was slapped by Tzuyu looking helplessly.

I watch as Tzuyu walk slowly towards me, her eyes turned grey and dilated.

I prayed for my safety. God knows what she's about to do to me.