SASUKE and SUKI

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 1: Sasuke and Suki

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

It was early in the morning as the sun emerged from the horizon, saturating the dark night's sky into a shade of royal purple and eventually a burnt orange. It was so early that the stars from the previous night were still visible, if only slightly. Japan is known as the land of the rising sun and therefore it is a great honor to be the first people on the planet to greet the new day. But for some, it was just a challenge to beat the sun; to rise before it does.

The light greeted the coast to the countryside before eventually settling in a more metropolitan area; Tokyo to be exact. It was one of the largest municipal areas in the world and home to over eight million people. Yet as most of the country was still enjoying their remaining hours of precious sleep, some were already up and about. One individual in particular made it a habit to be up before the rest of the country.

As he watched the daybreak, he slowly turned around from his balcony and walked back into his room. He strolled right past his door and walked down the hall, passing the pictures that framed the hallway. These images held memories of his childhood, friends, family, his wedding day that wasn't nearly as happy as it should have been, and one other picture that stood out from among the rest. This picture held the face of beautiful baby girl who was barely a few weeks old at the time. That same baby girl was now the tender age of four and sleeping soundly in the room in which he had silently entered.

Her father carefully made his way over to her tiny bed and watched over her as she dreamt of things he would never know of. Her little head was covered with shining raven hair, just like him. If she were awake you could see that she had the most brilliant green eyes; greener than emeralds in his opinion. She was her father's little girl in every aspect except for her eyes. She was his pride and joy.

Her bedroom walls were adorned with finger paintings of mermaids and ponies, stick figures and animals and even a picture with a bowl of tomatoes. They were her favorite food, as well as her father's. On the small shelf, there were a few awards from her preschool for excellent citizenship, student of the month, and photos of her ballet recitals all belonging to Uchiha Suki. There were also a few pictures of her in the preschool play on the five food groups where she had the honor of being tomato number four.

Smiling at his daughter one more time, Uchiha Sasuke planted a kiss on her forehead and walked out of her room turning off her nightlight. He would wake her in another hour for school.

Sasuke walked back into his room, grabbed a towel and went into the shower. After he was done, he dressed in his usual attire consisting of a black business suit and an off while shirt with a black silk tie. Such attire was necessary as the CEO of Konoha Medical Center.

The Uchiha family founded the hospital decades ago by Sasuke's great-grandfather. Since then it's been run by the members of the Uchiha family. What started out as a small village clinic soon turned into a prosperous medical institution specializing in all the latest treatments, trauma centers, diagnostic research labs, top notch physicians and so forth. It was the best of the best.

Sasuke made his way to the living room where he proceeded to watch the morning news. Later he went back to Suki's room to get her ready for school. He walked in to find her still sleeping with her stuffed piglet, who she named Tonton. She looked so peaceful that Sasuke wished he didn't have to wake her up.