MOMENTUM

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 34: Momentum

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

The CIA adheres to a certain protocol that goes beyond what is normally known in law enforcement. This was for very specific reasons, as their entire identity is in the shadows. They were to remain focused and emotionally detached from the crisis before them in order to properly execute their mission.

But the ties that bind never dissipate and true to human nature, people bond. The agency was a family, whether they cared to admit it or not.

And when one of their own is in danger, all hell breaks loose.

The site was quarantined from the public, which wasn't hard because it was so secluded and unknown to the general populace. Having someone see the placing crawling with CIA Agents wasn't the issue. The issue was having them witness the supernatural phenomenon they were currently trying to contain.

"He's pushing level 4 on the Kyuubi scale," Yamato shouted over the roar of the person before him.

There were several Junior Agents present who stood guard and watched the scene, as they had only ever heard about it in rumors. Nothing in their training had ever prepared them for this. The Senior Agents familiar with the situation were on guard. What stood before them, shrouded in a bloody orange glow and seemingly shape shifting his body was Agent Naruto Uzumaki, screaming like a dinosaur on the rampage. It was the most fearsome other-worldly thing they had ever seen.

"Naruto!" Hinata shouted as Neji held her back. "Let me go to him!" she screamed. When she found out about what had happened, she rushed over with the other Agents only to find Naruto in the Kyuubi state.

"Let Yamato subdue him Hinata. He can kill you at this stage!" Neji said over her shouts.

Yamato glanced at the fear stricken Hinata before looking at his palm indicator. The number had stayed at four and had not risen in the last five minutes, which was good. Naruto was injured after all, which may actually save them at this point.

"Increasing Wood Release Flow," Yamato said as he upped the power on the specialized wooden planks that currently held the mutating Naruto in a bind. Naruto released more feral growls into the sky, making Hinata shriek with grief at the sight of him in such agony. "He won't last much longer in this state. Response team stand by on the ready," Yamato ordered.

After thirty seconds, Yamato checked his palm reader once more and saw the number start to drop. As it did, the glow around Naruto began to recede, and his screams became less wild and more human. The Agents that were trained to handle this event stood by and were ready to bind and sedate Naruto before he relapsed. Yamato, Jiraya, Kakashi and Asuma were the only Agents that knew how.

Shikamaru stood with them, using this chance to observe and learn the containment procedure for the future.

When the glow subsided completely, Naruto slumped to the rain soaked ground, still bound in the wood binds. Hinata yanked herself free from Neji and ran to him, dodging the four Senior Agents that tried to stop her.

"Naruto! Naruto open your eyes please!" she screamed as she held his face in her hands. The thick wood binds blocked him from her completely. "Get these off of him!" she yelled to Yamato. He complied and pulled the wood binds back, allowing Naruto to fall against Hinata instead of the muddy ground.