FOR THE KIDS

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 14: For the Kids

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

Sasuke entered Suki's room at promptly 10:00 am. Today was his little girls fifth birthday and he had to wake her up if she wanted to get ready on time. He knelt beside her bed and watched her sleeping figure for a bit. As usual she was curled up in the corner and suffocating her stuffed pig Tonton.

"Suki," he whispered as he gently shook her awake. She just shifted away from him and curled up even more with her stuffed animal. "Suki... today's your birthday."

She immediately bolted out of her slumber.

"Yay!" she shouted. "Daddy, today's my birthday!" Sasuke smiled and lifted her out of bed.

"Yeah, now go and get cleaned up. Everyone will be here soon."

He took her to the bathroom and put her down to let her brush her teeth and wash her face before heading downstairs and leaving her to get ready.

Sasuke was already dressed in black pants and a dark green sweater. The party was being held in the back yard. Naruto and Hinata had come over last night to set up the decorations and such. The weather was holding up so it shouldn't be too cold.

The doorbell rang and he went to answer it. He opened the door to reveal his parents.

"Hello Sasuke," his mother Mikoto greeted as she stepped inside. His father Fugaku followed her inside and placed his hand on Sasuke's shoulder.

"Where is Suki?" he asked.

"Getting ready."

"I can't believe my only grandchild is turning five years old today," Mikoto said as she sat down on the stool by the counter in the kitchen. She was a beautiful woman with long black hair and dark eyes like Sasuke. She was wearing a red dress with a black sweater.

"Has Itachi arrived?" Fugaku asked. He was a strong looking man whose hairstyle was clearly adopted by Sasuke.

"He said he'd be here," he answered. Mikoto went upstairs to help Suki get ready for the party. It was part of her grandmotherly duties after all.

"How are the preparations for the conference going?" his father asked when she left.

"Everything is set. We leave for Kyoto one week before Christmas." He and Fugaku continued to talk about business and such. It was all they ever really talked about anyway.

Naruto cursed as he failed to think of a way to transfer his "gift" to Sasuke's house. He was currently outside in the garage where he had been working on Suki's gift for the past three months. Hinata came outside with some coffee.

"We need to get going soon," she said as she handed him the cup. "I need to get there early and finish decorating the cake."

"Yeah I know, but what are we going to do about that?" he asked, pointing to the gift. Hinata sighed and looked at her watch. They had about two hours to get ready and go, and knowing Naruto, it would take that long.

"Maybe you can call Neji," she suggested as she hugged Naruto from behind. "I'm sure he can come over and help you get that to Sasuke's house." Naruto turned around and placed his arm around her shoulders.