SMALL WORLD

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 5: Small World After All

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

After the meeting with Sakura, Sasuke spent the rest of the day in his office getting the usual paper work done. He would have to leave soon to pick up Suki from her ballet practice. Normally, his mother would do that but since she was out of town, he would have to get her himself. He was just finishing of an employee review when his intercom went off.

"Mr. Uchiha, Naruto is here," his secretary announced.

Sasuke pushed the button and told her to send him in before Naruto came bursting in through the door.

"Hey Teme, what's up?" asked Naruto as he flopped down on one of the armchairs in front of Sasuke's desk. Even though Sasuke was his boss, Naruto still opted to treat him the same way he always has since they were kids. That included calling him "Teme" in front of anyone and everyone and acting as if Sasuke didn't have the power to fire him.

"I have a name Dobe," Sasuke muttered.

"So do I but that doesn't stop you from calling me "Dobe" does it?" he retorted. "Anyway, I heard some of the nurses went ahead and nagged about me not getting the paperwork done on time. I'm a Physical Therapist. My time is spent with the patient and getting them back on their feet, not sitting in front of a computer and inputting data."

"None-the-less, that paper work has to be done and until we can find someone else to fill in the secretary position at the billing center, you're the only one that can do it. The nurses have their own patients to deal with and a little down time wouldn't kill you," Sasuke explained as he placed the remaining paper work into their proper files.

Naruto waved his hand dismissively. "Yeah yeah, I just wish they would lay off me. Seriously, it's like they've got nothing better to do than nag all friggin day."

Sasuke stared at him in a questioning manner. "You do know that you're married to a nurse right?"

Naruto smiled thoughtfully. "I know. But Hinata's different. She doesn't harass the hell out of me for useless junk. You know how nice and soft-spoken she is. Her voice is like music to my ears after listening to the nonstop nagging here. They could learn a thing or two about patient care from my wife," he said with pride in his voice.

"She's a competent nurse," Sasuke agreed. "By the way, are you and Hinata busy this weekend?"

"We're pretty much free. Why?"

Sasuke leaned back in his chair. "Suki wants the two of you to come to her ballet recital. My parents won't be able to make it so she's got two extra tickets. Plus, she hasn't seen you in a while. This place has been busier than usual."

"Tell me about it. I've been cramming sessions with two patients at a time with all the work I've got. Hinata and I will definitely be there. After all, she is our goddaughter," he said grinning. "Speaking of Suki, aren't you supposed to be getting her by now?"

Sasuke looked at the clock and cursed. "I have to go," he muttered as he quickly gathered his things and walked out of his office.

"Don't even bother rushing it. Traffic is a nightmare at this time of the day," Naruto pointed out as he gunned it toward the elevator with Sasuke.