SEEING RED

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 28: Seeing Red

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

Neji placed the X-ray of Sora's head against the light. He closely examined it before turning to Sakura and Sasuke. Hinata was currently wrapping some gauze around Sora's head on the exam table. The cut on his head was small, but it was deep enough to require two small stitches. Luckily it was just along the hairline, so it was easy to cover.

"It's only a superficial wound," Neji explained. "No bone damage whatsoever," he added to Sakura's relief. Neji turned to Sora and examined his eyes with a small light, going back and forth between his pupils. "Does it hurt when you move your head Sora?" he asked. Sora shook his bandaged head. "Good. No concussion to worry about either."

"Hn," Sasuke grunted as he held onto his sleepy daughter. Suki was trying to fight off sleep, eager to observe her Uncle Neji sew up Sora's head and see as much of the hospital as she could, but she burned out with all her excitement. The lollipop Neji had given her was slipping out of her little hand. Sasuke took it from her and tossed it in the trash.

Neji gave Sasuke a quick bothered glance, as if asking why the hell he was here in the first place. Sasuke discreetly glared back. Maybe he could coax Neji into going to the dojo next time. It would certainly be gratifying to beat the shit out of his big-brother aura, which was getting old now.

"You can give him meds for the pain, if he has any," Neji said to Sakura. "He needs to come back in-"

"Five days to remove the stitches," Sakura finished as she chewed on her fingernail and held herself together. "Yeah, I figured." She waited patiently while Hinata finished wrapping the gauze around Sora's head. He looked like he just came out of brain surgery.

Neji placed his hand on her shoulder, sensing her distress. "It's just a cut really. The gauze makes it look worse than it is."

Sakura nodded and released her breath. "I know," she said leaning her head against Neji's shoulder. "I can't help it. All that blood on his head was just…" she shrugged and was grateful when Hinata finished her work, allowing Sakura to finally fuss over him.

"Are you okay sweetie?" she asked while gently tracing the gauze over his head. Sora glanced at Sasuke before giving his mother a reassuring smile. After Sasuke told him to be brave for her, Sora made sure he did just that. He didn't want his mommy to worry.

"Uh huh," Sora said before he yawned and rubbed his eyes to stay awake. Sasuke smirked. He was glad that nothing was seriously wrong with Sora, but did they have to bandage his head in that manner? Sakura was already on edge, and she was probably thinking back to the night their house was broken into. Sora was injured then too.

"Let's go home," she said as she scooped him into her arms and kissed his cheek. "Thanks Neji, Hinata."

Neji nodded. "Sure and this means no Karate, at least until the stitches come out," he said directing his gaze at Sasuke, who simply glared. He could have sworn he saw the bastard wink at Sakura as if he was doing her a favor.

"I knew it," Sakura replied. Sora on the other hand scowled. "No means no mister," she said when she saw his rebellious face. "If you were more careful today this wouldn't have happened."