PROMISE LEFT UNSPOKEN

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 11: Promises Left Unspoken

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

Sasuke stared at her foot. "Your ankle."

Sakura seemed confused before she looked down and saw that she was bleeding.

"What? Oh… it doesn't seem deep," she mumbled. "I just… I just need to… clean it," she said distractedly. She stepped away from Sasuke, but he reached out for her shoulder and forced her to sit down on the chair.

"Where's your first aid kit?" he asked, walking around the kitchen.

"You don't—"

"Where is it Sakura?" he demanded, effectively cutting her off. "I'm still your boss," he added. Sakura would have argued that it didn't matter in this setting, but pointed to the top cabinet anyway.

He brought the kit out and walked towards her. She was staring at the floor with a clouded expression. It seemed like she was trying avoid his gaze. This bothered him because this was the second time she's become reclusive. Something was clearly bothering her but Sasuke decided not to ask. It wasn't his business to know everything about her.

Sasuke sat on the stool next to her and opened the kit. This one seemed to be the adult version of her kiddy first-aid kit. It had plain bandages and a bigger bottle of regular alcohol among other things.

He glanced at her face and noted that she was still out of it. Just what was it that freaked her out so much? From his point of view, the lightning struck a few times and somewhere in between he saw her face change into one of shock… and he knew that he was the cause.

Without warning, Sasuke grabbed her ankle and pulled it upward until it was sitting across his lap. The gesture made Sakura grab onto the counter to prevent herself from falling over.

"Sasuke! At least tell me when you're going to do that!" she yelled. Sasuke ignored that outburst and just held onto her ankle with one hand while grabbing a cotton pad with the other.

"I didn't want to interrupt your daydream," he replied. She pouted in annoyance and readjusted herself so that she could sit more comfortably. Sasuke dabbed the cotton with the alcohol and rubbed it against the cut.

She flinched at the burning contact and tried to pull her leg away but Sasuke increased his grip before she could.

"I can do that myself," she said as she tried to pull away. Sasuke's hand had a good grip on her foot preventing her from doing so.

"I suppose even doctors can't handle the burn of alcohol," he teased, enjoying her look of incredulity.

"Hey! I can take on an alcohol sting better than you. It's just a little awkward having my foot sitting across your lap," she admitted with a microscopic blush.

"Get over it DrHaruno," he mocked as he continued to clean the cut. It must have been deeper than she thought because it wouldn't stop bleeding. He pressed a little harder and she let out a small hiss.

"Ow…" she whispered. Sasuke stopped pressing her ankle and brought it up higher to his face so that he could inspect it.

Sakura started to panic. From the way he moved it looked like he was going to… to kiss her foot. She froze as he got closer. She held her breath as his face stopped a few centimeters away from her ankle. She could feel his hot breath on her skin as he inspected the cut.