GOING HOME

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 16: Going Home

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

It was not late October, and Tenten was lying down on the exam table with Neji by her side.

Today would be her second sonogram and the opportunity to learn the sex of the baby. Neji was still in the dark about Tenten's secret. He was excited about finding out the gender, even though he didn't show it. They were both dressed casually as they took the day off from work.

"I'm nervous," Tenten mumbled as she turned her head to face him. They were still waiting for Sakura to arrive.

"About what? You've already seen the baby at your first sonogram …without me," he replied. Tenten chuckled at the hint of bitterness in his voice.

"Sorry about that. You were busy that day and I didn't want to bug you."

Neji leaned in and kissed her forehead. Then he let one of his hands roam over her large belly. At five months along, Tenten looked as though she could pass for seven.

"Well I'm here now," he said as his hand stopped on top of her belly. He could feel the baby kicking inside. Neji gave off something in between a smirk and a smile at the feel of the kicks. Tenten on the other hand, winced as the baby kicked her ribcage.

"Okay, somebody's fussy in there," she hissed as she massaged the area, hoping the ministration would comfort the baby. She caught Neji staring at her lovingly as she did so. "What?"

He leaned in and kissed her softly. Her hand came off her abdomen and went to the back of his head where her fingers tangled themselves in his long brown hair. Neji pulled back and gazed at her. This pregnancy only enhanced her beauty. She was shining with a mothers glow.

"You're beautiful," he complimented as his hand once again came to rest on top of her belly. Tenten smiled and brought her other hand to rest on top of his. The shine of her ring caught the light, making their hands seem worthy of a photo. She might as well tell him now.

"Neji…" He locked his gaze onto her, waiting for her to continue. "There's something I need to tell you before Sakura gets here," she said as she tried to sit up. Neji assisted her and she managed to get into the sitting position.

"What is it?"

She took his hands and placed them on either side of her belly. Neji could feel the kicks, but he was waiting for what she had to say.

"Do you feel that?" He nodded but kept his gaze on hers. "Notice anything about the pattern of the kicks?"

Neji dropped his gaze from hers and focused on the kicking. He could feel a powerful impact on one hand, and he could also feel the same on the other hand. So what? The baby was kicking hard. What's so serious about that?

But then he finally noticed it. One kick here and another there. "It can't be,"he thought as his slightly shocked eyes came back to his wife's. She was smiling at him as she held his hands in place.

"Tenten…," he breathed. His pale orbs searched her warm brown ones in search of an answer. "Are you… is it twins?" he asked astonishingly. She smiled, but shook her head no. Neji was confused. There was definitely more than one baby in there, judging by the kicks alone. Plus, twins ran in his family.