GETTING SIMEWHERE

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 12: Getting Somewhere

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

Neji Hyuga was a very protective man. So what's a protective man to do when an earthquake suddenly hits? He simply forbids is pregnant wife from anything and everything he deems as unsafe for her as well as his child.

Therefore Tenten had been sentenced to an unnecessary bed rest and was not permitted to be outdoors or anywhere else but the bedroom.

"Neji, you've gone overboard!" she shouted. She was lying down on their bed and doing absolutely nothing. Neji was down stairs making breakfast.

He tried to convince her to stay home from work but Tenten put her foot down on that one. "I'm getting up!" she informed. As she began to get up, Neji came busting in with a tray in his hands.

"You're not going anywhere," he ordered, bringing the tray to her. Tenten pouted and looked at what he made, which was a traditional Japanese breakfast.

"I know you're trying to be a good husband, but really, it's not like I can't move around and do stuff for myself," she pointed out while subconsciously bringing her hand to her belly and inching away from the tray. The soup was smelled like all kinds of funny business.

"After that earthquake I'm not taking any chances with you," he replied. "You're going to stay here where you're safe. Besides, Sakura said you're not allowed to do anything strenuous."

"Strenuous not mundane Neji," she clarified. She sighed as he sat next to her.

"I think you shouldn't go to work today." Tenten narrowed her eyes at him. "You need to take it easy."

"Neji, I've practically been stripped of my title as a "well-respected surgeon". I will not have you tell me that I'm not allowed to do what little work I can do. It won't hurt the babies."

When Neji didn't say anything, Tenten turned to find him staring at her with a questioning face. "What?" she asked.

Neji's eyes traveled to her rounded stomach then back up to her face.

"…Babies?" He saw her eyes widen a fraction before correcting herself.

"What? I mean baby…yeah…it won't hurt the baby," she chuckled nervously before stirring the soup. "Crap I almost slipped!"

This was the one thing that she knew she could keep from him for as long as she could, but she wouldn't be surprised if he found out about it.

"I had to marry a genius didn't I?" she moaned internally as she brought the soup to her lips. Before she could even taste it, she put the spoon down. She didn't feel like throwing up today.

"Can you hand me my B6 vitamins?"

Neji reached for the bottle that was next to the nightstand and handed it to her. She popped the lid and took a tablet while drinking the water that Neji brought her.

"Are you okay?"

Tenten placed the glass down and sighed. She turned to Neji and smiled. "Yeah… I'm fine."

Neji looked as though he didn't believe her, but he couldn't do anything about it. He brought her into his arms and lay back down on the bed with her. Tenten snuggled into him and inhaled his scent.