CHOICE

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 30: Choices

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

The figure moved in the shadows and infiltrated the room. Get in, get out. That's what they had to do. Sasuke was asleep, but barely. He was still sedated from the meds, which worked for now. Can't have him waking up. Too many questions would arise.

The figure placed the note on the side of his bed. The message was clear, and the person was confident that Sasuke would figure it out within seconds. He needed to know. The figure knew that Anko Mitarashi had figured it all out.

The figure trusted that Sasuke would do what was needed. He needed fair warning. The figure didn't see this as a betrayal to the CIA, because it wasn't. Sasuke needed to make amends, and the figure decided that now was the time. If the agency apprehended him, Sasuke would lose his chance.

Without a sound, the figure took one last look at him, before slipping into the shadows and out of sight.

Sora knew something was wrong when his mommy said Suki was going to stay with them for a while. Everybody came over to the house earlier because Suki's daddy was in the hospital. His mommy told him that Sasuke got hurt at work and he needed to stay at the hospital to get better.

When Sora asked how Sasuke got hurt, his mommy wouldn't tell him. He really wanted to know because Sasuke was the strongest adult Sora had ever known, and he thought nothing could hurt him. He kept asking his mommy, but she always said that she didn't know and that the best thing to do was to make get well cards for him because Sasuke really likes his ninja drawings. He told Sora just the other day.

Suki asked when he would get better and told them she needed to give Sasuke a kiss to make him feel better. Sora saw his mommy smile and say that when it was okay, she would be able to do that. Sora thought she was acting weird because she would always peek out of the windows and make sure they were locked. She also said they weren't allowed to play outside for a while.

Sakura tucked the kids into their beds for the third night in a row after the incident.

"Goodnight sweetie," she whispered as she kissed Sora's forehead. She moved to Suki's bed and did the same. "Goodnight sweetheart," she said before kissing her forehead and making sure Tonton was near. She turned off the light and closed the door.

Sora began drifting when Suki spoke.

"I miss my daddy," said Suki. Sora turned his head to look at her. Suki was curled up on her side with her stuffed piggy in her arms. She said his name was Tonton, and he laughed because his grandma Tsunade used to have a real piggy named Tonton.

"He'll get better," Sora reassured. "Mommy said so and she's a doctor remember?"

He knew Suki was still sad because she didn't smile.

"But how come Uncle Itachi said nobody can see daddy?" she asked. "Grandma told me that when people are sick, you're supposed to go to the hospital and give them flowers. Akira said so too because her grandma and grandpa sell flowers and they said we have too."

"Mommy said she doesn't think he'd like flowers because he's a guy," Sora replied recalling the way his mother started acting weird when he mentioned flowers. Little did he know about the incident in her office. "She said that we should make him some ninja drawings because he said he likes those."