COME BACK TO ME

To Love and to Love Again Chapter 27: Come Back to Me

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND AUTHORS NOTE: I do NOT own Naruto. The awesomeness of the Naruto Manga and World is the creation of Masashi Kishimoto. This is Purely Fanfiction. All things Medical in this entire fanfiction should not be taken as serious medical advice or facts. PLEASE CONSULT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR FOR ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

Darkness was all around her, but she wasn't afraid because he was with her.

"Sakura," he called out as he looked at her with those eyes. She tried to smile at him, but she found that she couldn't. She couldn't reach him, even though he was right in front of her. His eyes were full of regret and sadness, and Sakura just didn't understand it. He stood before her and spoke once more.

"I love you," he said. Once again she tried to smile at him, but she couldn't. All she could do was question him with her eyes.

"My Sakura...," he says as he looks over her appearance; her long white wedding gown flowing in the wind in front of the Sakura tree. She could finally speak.

"Sai," she whispered. She walked toward him slowly with the moonlight illuminating their forms as they now stood before their spot by the lake in front of the cherry blossom tree.

"I love you..." he says once more. "...and I'm sorry," he said before he changed form.

Sai raised his paintbrush and left long black slashes over himself until he changed into nothing but a shadow before her.

"Sai" she shouted. She saw a strange pair of eyes materialize behind him, before it consumed him. Those serpentine yellow eyes smiled at her evilly as she screamed.

"Sai" she screamed "SAI NO!" The world turned blood red around her, and the shadow of Sai disintegrated into black shreds.

"SAI!" she screamed as her body gave a jolt and woke her up. She was breathing heavily, her body covered in sweat. She was shaking as she tried to sit up in bed. She looked around the room, not really knowing what was happening yet. All her body knew was that she had to find him. She got up and out of bed, her vision still a bit hazed from the sudden awakening.

Her body did not recognize the layout of the new house as she rushed through it frantically, compared to the Kyoto house.

That was the first sign.

She went down the hall and saw that Sora's room was in a different spot than in was in the Kyoto House.

That was the second sign.

The walls were free of any of Sai's old paintings and pictures.

That was the third sign.

Her body slowed as it led her down the stairs and into the living room. The moonlight was shining in from the large windows, illuminating her form and opening her eyes to what was happening.

Slowly she was beginning to understand now.

By the time her body had registered that this was not her old home in Kyoto...and that Sai was not here....that he was dead...and that she had begun to have the nightmares again...

Sakura fell to her knees in her living room...and cried.

A few hours later, it was time to get going to work. Sakura stared out the window with her thoughts swirling in her mind. She saw that Sasuke had pulled up and was waiting for her outside.