Chapter 1

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 1
Message

New Classic is a new Filipino alternative rock band signed under Top Star Records. It consists of lead vocalist and keyboardist Isaiah Kalen Mallari, lead guitarist Jestin Ike Rolloque, bassist Jeraiah Amirro Salvare, and drummer Fransic Leo Jaranilla. Their debut single, Smile, is written and composed by its lead vocalist, and arranged by the other members.

"Isaiah Kalen Mallari..." I whispered his name, after reading a very brief information about him and his band. "New Classic..."

I didn't know how many times I watched their music video, after I got home. And while I was on the road, I purchased their single and streamed it on repeat. I couldn't get enough of it. It felt like I was daydreaming on the way home.

Jerlyn thought that I was going insane. She didn't believe me that the guy, who always gave me the reason to smile, is a part of the newly debuted band. She thought that I was living inside a fairytale.

However, I couldn't blame her for thinking that way. Even I couldn't believe it at first, thinking that I was jut being pranked.

Who would've thought that I'd see him again? Who would've thought that I'd get to hear his song after four years? And to think that it's already a full song?

I pulled out his guitar pick and read the initials on it.

I.K.M.

After four years, I finally got to know his name.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I decided to check if they have social media accounts. Fortunately, a new account was created for their band, New Classic, with only ten thousand followers. It was following all the members in their personal accounts.

I followed all the members, who all had more followers than their official band account, before I went to stalk Isaiah's account. He had over a hundred thousand followers already. It looked like he already gained attention even before his debut.

His pinned tweet was a tweet promoting their debut single with links from different music platform. And his most recent activity, he retweeted a tweet of the New Classic account. It was a link to a video of their interview about their debut single and their band.

Without thinking much, I clicked on the link and I was directed to Youtube. It was an interview with ENT TV Music, one of the largest entertainment or music channel.

Once the video had loaded, I put it on fullscreen. As soon as I hit play, it played some kind of montage, made out of video clips from the New Classic's Smile music video.

After that brief highlight of their debut single and music video, the members of New Classic and the interviewer appeared on the screen. They were at a cozy interview room.

My eyes immediately focused on Isaiah. He was wearing a powder blue v-neck shirt inside a black suit, which sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. They actually wore the same style and outfit, except for the color of their shirts inside. Pink for Ike; green for Sic; and yellow for Jirro.

"We have here with us, the new band under Top Star Records, New Classic!" the interviewer announced, and the members clapped their hands. "Why don't you all first introduce yourselves?"

"Okay, one two three..." Ike led the greeting.

"Got music? New Classic! Hello, we are the New Classic!" they all greeted in unison, which stunned me a bit.

"Hi, I'm Isaiah, the lead vocalist and keyboardist of New Classic."

I couldn't help but to clap my hands, after he was done with his introduction. I had never felt this proud in my life. He was just a teenage boy before, making music at the park, who suddenly became the lead vocalist and keyboardist of a band. Not to mention the band was even under a trusted and famous record label.