Chapter 18

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 18
Someday

All the lucky twenty-five First Classes, who got into the limited meet and greet, had lined up orderly at the backstage while waiting for New Classic. Since Dawn and I went in earlier to distribute the banners and cardboards at the seats inside the arena, Mr. Joel allowed us to join the meet and greet.

Like before, we were given VIP-Seated tickets once again. Halos parehas na puwesto rin ang ibinigay sa amin.

Not long after we were settled at the backstage, Ida Mallari entered with her best friend, Blair

Not long after we were settled at the backstage, Ida Mallari entered with her best friend, Blair. Dinig kong medyo naexcite ang mga kasama namin sa backstage dahil sa paglabas ni Ida. She's well-known as Isaiah's younger sister.

I knew it was rude, but I couldn't stop myself from looking at Blair, after what I witnessed the other day. I was grateful that I got busy because of the preparations for the concert. I let myself submerged in other things, in order not to drown in unwanted and unexplainable feelings. But since I saw her again, all troubling thoughts barged into my mind without any permission.

Once again, I felt that light prick of pain inside my chest. However, I schooled my expression, when Blair finally laid her eyes on me. I was careful not to let my true emotions show.

"Fan ka pala ng New Classic!" Blair told me, as soon as she got near me.

I nodded timidly and said, "Ikaw rin pala fan nila? Hindi ko naisip that you're a fan of New Classic. Hindi halata sa 'yo."

She looked slightly troubled when I said that. It only heightened my agitation, thinking that my suspicion might be true.

"Oh! Uhm, actually nandito lang ako dahil kay Ida," she explained herself right away. "Alam mo naman, 'di ba? Kapatid niya si Isaiah. There's an extra ticket from her brother kaya ako ang sinama niya."

I remained smiling, though my mood had already turned sour. "You're very lucky dahil best friend mo ang kapatid ni Isaiah. He's my bias in New Classic." I tried to sound okay, while exchanging conversation with her. "Have you already seen them? Galing kayo roon sa loob, 'di ba?"

She cautiously nodded. "Kumakain sila kanina noong dumating kami rito."

Trying my best not to show what I truly felt, I smiled wider that it almost hurt my jaw. "Ang guwapo nilang apat, 'di ba? Lalo na si Isaiah!" I acted like a hardcore fan, who's crazy about Isaiah. "Ano palang kinain nila? Nagpadala kaming fans ng foods para sa kanila. Did you see them eat it?"

"Uh, hindi ko napansin ang pagkain nila. Pero, oo, guwapo silang apat," nag-aalangan niyang pagsagot sa akin.

It was crazy that we were both hiding what we truly feel. But I pitied her more. I was just a fan at the sidelines, supporting Isaiah and the band, while she could be someone very important to him. She had to hide what she feels for him because Isaiah's a public figure.