Chapter 29

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 29
Layers

"Alam mo hindi ko alam kung matutuwa ba ako o matatakot para sa 'yo..."

Jerlyn looked really concerned as she considered a lot of things after I told her how my feelings for Isaiah nurtured and grew. As I couldn't control the overwhelming emotions inside me and I had not experienced this kind of intense romantic feelings, I thought of confiding into Jerlyn and ask for advice.

Honestly, I wasn't one hundred percent confident that she'd be able to give me a useful advice, but I really wanted someone to talk to about my feelings. She was the only person I could trust about it. She was the only one who knew about what I feel for Isaiah.

"I'm not sure if you should risk your feelings for him or not," she continued.

Itinagilid ko ang ulo ko. "What do you mean?"

She let out a sigh. "You told me that you're getting closer and that you're the person he's confiding to..." she summed up what I told her earlier. "But are you really sure that you know him already? He's an artist. We don't know if he's just faking it."

I think I could understand where Jerlyn was coming from. I wanted to defend Isaiah, but I realized that she also had a point. I couldn't blame her for thinking that way.

"Alam mo na ba kung may girlfriend siya ngayon? Baka hindi mo alam at hindi mo puwedeng malaman dahil fan ka niya at artista siya!" Her imagination was starting to run wild. "O baka naman kagagaling niya lang sa break-up at gagawin ka niyang rebound!"

I was about to think that she'd been reading a lot of fiction novels about love, but I was struck with her last sentence. It hit the right spot. My shoulders slowly dropped at that realization. It was a thought that I had been trying to shut away. However, since Jerlyn mentioned it, the possibility of being Isaiah's rebound became so vivid to me.

Still, I didn't want to assume that he would consider starting a relationship with me. I'm just his fan who happened to get very lucky. I just happened to be there when he was vulnerable and when he needed someone, so he took that opportunity to lean on me.

I was in denial that such thing would ever happen. But at the same time, the possibility encouraged me. I dwelled on it a bit and hoped.

I mean, the door is just right in front of me. All I have to do is to twist the knob and open it. Why wouldn't I get tempted when it's everything that I want?

"You should really be careful, Zendaya." Jerlyn kept shaking her head as she warned me. "Don't get your hopes up. Don't create your own heartbreak."

It was amazing how Jerlyn mentioned something about being a rebound when I didn't even tell her about Isaiah's past relationship with Blair. I guessed that's how experienced she is when it comes to romantic relationships.

I thought I would end up not getting an apt advice from Jerlyn, but her reminders made me cautious of everything. It stirred up my mind and my feelings. I became a nervous rookie when it comes to love. That's why when Mr. Joel invited me and Dawn to watch the recording of New Classic's live session of I'll Be Okay, I almost rejected the invitation. However, I realized that this would be the first event of the band since I returned. And Dawn would be going to the recording. I couldn't just let her go alone.

It was just a small event. Only ten lucky First Classes were chosen to attend the live session. They needed the audiences to cheer for New Classic during the recording. Also, the band had not been performing in front of their fans since the encore concert for Utopian World, they seized the opportunity to treat their fans―even if only a few were allowed to join the recording.