Chapter 5

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 5
Shortlisted

"Iced caramel macchiato and Java chip for Zendaya."

As soon as I heard my name being called by the barista, I quickly head straight to the counter to take my orders. I gave him the receipt and he put a stamp on it, before giving out the drinks.

"Enjoy, Zendaya." He flashed a bright smile on me.

"Thanks," I briefly said and walked away, holding the tray of drinks.

I returned to my seat earlier. Good thing there weren't a lot of people in this coffee shop. Usually, coffee shops around university belt were always packed with students. But I guessed because it was Sunday, only a few students, who were studying or meeting up to do group works, were in sight.

Before, I also used to go to coffee shops to study for its calm ambiance. However, it became overcrowded and rowdy. Eventually, I resorted going into the library. Though, sometimes, there weren't enough space―silence and peacefulness were still being maintained.

We decided to meet here because Dawn's condo was just around the vicinity―and my brother, coincidentally, had a meeting with a client in the mall nearby. Dawn told me that she was originally from Cavite. She had to rent a condo unit, so it'd be easier for her to go to school without worrying about travel time and transportation.

Ngayon ay katatapos lang ng group work niya at hinihintay ko siyang dumating. She said she was already on her way. I took the initiative to ask her what drink she wanted. Inorder ko na 'yon, lalo na't malapit na siyang makarating. I also ordered a slice of chocolate cake, which we could share on.

I didn't actually tell her the reason why I invited her out. She didn't ask me about it as well. She's a happy-go-lucky person, who tends to just go with the flow. As soon as I asked her to meet up with me, she just agreed without asking any question.

But the reason why I wanted to meet up with her was because of the fanclub for New Classic. Siya ang naisip kong kuhanin bilang katuwang ko sa pagmamanage ng page. May tiwala ako sa kanya. I just hoped that she would agree to it. But if she was also busy with her studies, then it's fine. I could totally relate to it, so I'd understand.

However, I really did hope she would take the position. If she would take it, I only had to look for one more admin. Then, it'd be much easier for me.

"Zendaya!"

Just in time, Dawn finally arrived, while carrying her laptop in her arms. She was also wearing a specs, which I didn't expect from her. Noong nagkita kami sa fansign event at sa mall tour ay hindi naman siya nakasalamin.

"Sorry!" she immediately apologized, once she reached our table. "Did I make you wait for too long?"

Agad akong umiling habang nakangiti sa kanya. "Ayos lang," sabi ko. "Hindi naman ako matagal naghintay."

I arrived twenty minutes earlier, but it was fine with me. I was used to hanging out alone, especially when Jerlyn and I were separated. I had acquaintances, but I was satisfied having no company. I could do whatever I want to do. Minsan lang ako nakikisabay sa mga naging kaibigan ko kapag natipuhan ko o kapag hindi ko matanggihan ang pag-aaya nila.

I'm that really social. Just like my brother, I'm more of an introvert type.

"Ito ba ang inumin ko?" Tinuro niya ang inumin na binili ko para sa kanya nang makaupo na siya. "Inom muna ako, ah? Hiningal ako."

Dawn immediately sipped on her frappe. The expression of relief on her face appeared just right after she took a drink.

Seeing how carefree she was, I couldn't help but to chuckle. At the same time, I was amazed because she didn't experience any brain freeze. But I guessed that was how thirsty she was.