Chapter 9

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 9
Backstage

As the band started playing the song, the expression on Isaiah's face immediately changed as he faced the audience―showing how professional he is.

"Bagong kanta ba 'to?" pabulong na tanong ni Dawn na para lamang siguro sa kanyang sarili.

My lips went far apart when I realized that it really was a new song. The intro wasn't familiar to me. It was my first time hearing it.

One day,
I opened my eyes
The bright lights flashed on me

And there you are,
Right in front of me

And, oh, I keep thinking
I never thought this moment
And that this day would finally come
But I am standing here,
Singing for you...

I got goosebumps on how much control and emotions Isaiah got in his voice. He started the first verse quietly singing, but then he suddenly brought it up, making the fans screamed in awe. I noticed that his voice sounded raspier, but it fit the song perfectly.

Baby, we're the New First Classic
Oh-oh-oh New First Classic

You are the First Class
And we're the New Classic
You're the First Class
We are the New Classic

You are...
And we are...
The New First Classic!

After they finished singing the upbeat chorus of the song, it was obvious that it's another song they wrote for us, their fans―First Class. They put the name of the band, our official fandom name, and the combination of both names in the chorus. Unlike the first song they wrote for us―Moments―this new song is catchier since it has a faster rhythm, though Moments is undoubtedly more sentimental.

And, oh, I keep thinking
Do I deserve this love?
Do I deserve your love?
But I'm still standing here,
Singing for you...

Isaiah's both hands were holding on to the microphone on the mic stand as he sang the bridge and hit the high note of the song. As his voice resonated inside the whole Skydome, when the band stopped playing for a few seconds while Isaiah held on to the note, warmth also spread over my heart.

There was a feeling of intense admiration as I watched him doing his passion. I would never get tired hearing him sing and watching him perform for us―their fans. He's shining so bright whenever he's singing.

Baby, we're the New First Classic
Oh-oh-oh New First Classic

You are the First Class
And we're the New Classic
You're the First Class
We are the New Classic

You are...
And we are...
The New First Classic!

During the last chorus, they all sang together, creating a flawless harmony.

Oh, baby...
We are the New First Classic...

Isaiah was the one who ended the song with his soulful voice. And when he bowed his head, after singing the last lyric, the lights slowly faded out.

The crowd was cheering wildly, but I could still hear my heart beating louder than those cheers. It was pounding so hard on my chest. His unexpected presence, and the surprise performance of the band, took my breath away.

When the lights go on again, all the members were lined up at the center of the stage with the same position like always. Mas lalong lumakas ang sigawan. Dumadagundong ang buong Skydome sa lakas. They were screaming the names of the members―all at the same time. However, I was amazed when they all went silent, the moment Ike raised a finger on his lips to quiet them down.