Chapter 33

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 33
Initials

There was a lot of tension in the air, but I managed to sit still and maintain my composure in front of these intimidating people from Top Star Records.

After the press con yesterday, just a few minutes later, I received replies from Isaiah, then followed by a new message from Mr. Joel.

From: Isaiah
You don't have to apologize for anything. I was the one who came to you last night. It's my fault. I was careless.

From: Isaiah
And don't worry about it anymore. I got this. Trust me.

Isaiah was kind and responsible enough to take all the blame, when I knew I also had my fair share of faults. I knew he sent those messages to give me assurance, but I didn't feel relieved one bit. I was like a damsel in distress, and it wasn't something I should feel good about.

It was exactly the reason why I accepted Mr. Joel's invitation when he summoned me to Top Star Records the next day. However, I did not expect that the higher ups of the management would also be present in the meeting. Though I should have expected it already, since the meeting's venue was located at the conference room.

The President and Vice President of the recording company were both in front of me, along with Mr. Joel. I was the only one on the other side of the table. It felt like going to the battlefield alone.

Narealize kong talagang napakalaki na ng pangalan ng banda dahil mismong ang mga namumuno ng kompanya ang makikipag-usap sa akin ngayon. They were looking at me like a big threat to the continuous rise of New Classic's popularity. Although I couldn't blame them because I had read the reactions of the fans yesterday.

Most of the fans were so disappointed and hurt when the news came up. They bombarded Isaiah with posts, asking him to apologize or explain the issue. A few were insensitive and went overboard by wanting him to leave the group. On the other hand, the mature ones were trying to educate the others, but they still wouldn't listen. Their irrational thinking got the best of them.

However, after Isaiah's explanation, the fans reactions had turned 180 degrees. Ang mga nagalit kay Isaiah ay biglang humingi ng tawad sa kanya. Most of them deleted their posts as they were suddenly afraid that they might hurt his feelings. They sent him encouraging words. They took the issue as a joke and created memes about it. The hypocrisy of toxic fans reeked that it irritated me so much.

I wanted to create war with them, but I wouldn't let myself stoop down to their level. I also didn't want to waste time. No matter what I do, I knew they would refuse to listen anyway.

"Zendaya, right?" The middle-aged man in the middle began speaking, once we were settled down. "Can we address you as Zendaya?"

"Sure. No problem po," tipid kong sagot.

"So, Mr. Joel briefed us about you..." he trailed a bit and glanced at Mr. Joel.

Mr. Joel gave me a comforting smile. Siguro ay gusto niyang maging kumportable ako.

"He told us that you started as the president of the fandom," he stated. "That's how you got to know Isaiah."

That statement was false because I got to know him years ago, when New Classic didn't exist yet. But I didn't go through that detail anymore. Hindi naman na nila kailangang malaman pa ang tungkol doon.

"Apparently, you two got close to each other and became close friends," he continued. "And I'm sure you're aware of the issue which exploded yesterday."

Tumango ako. "I'm aware po."

"It fueled a massive outrage from the fans of New Classic," the woman, who is the Vice President of Top Star, added. "The dating issue almost cost them their whole hard-earned career and popularity. As a fan, I know you don't want to see the band you love get ruined, right?"