Chapter 10

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 10
Dedication

As soon as the clock struck 6PM, I refreshed the official Youtube channel of New Classic. They didn't fail me with their punctuality. New First Classic's music video was already up on their channel. I stopped myself from watching the video and proceeded posting about it first. Since Aya was the one who composed the captions of our posts, I was tasked with posting the video link, while Dawn would be posting the links from different music platforms.

@FirstClassPH
The music video of New Classic's new single 'New First Classic' is out now!

youtu.be/NCnewfirstclassic

#NewFirstClassicOutNow
#NewClassicIsOurNewFirstClassic

After I was done posting, I immediately went back to the Youtube tab and put the video on full screen before hitting the space bar. I was so curious with the music video because they didn't release any teaser for it, unlike what they did with Always.

But I guessed they wouldn't promote it because it was only released for the fans. They didn't release it to chart or anything. It was just a gift for us―First Class.

The video started with a black screen. Slowly, the words 'New First Classic' appeared on the screen like it was being written down. And in a split of second, it showed the fans entering the Skydome, during the first fan gathering last week. Then, it showed the members of New Classic in their studio.  They were discussing and playing their instruments. Isaiah was holding a pen and paper, while bobbing his head, like he was feeling the music.

My lips parted, realizing what the music video is about. I was emotional all throughout the video. They showed clips of fans laughing and having fun during the fan gathering. And before the last chorus, the screen faded into black once again, until it showed Sic on the screen. It seemed like he was being interviewed.

"What is First Class to you?" the woman behind the camera asked.

Sic smiled brightly, like a carefree boy he is. "They are my success."

And just like that, the tears welled up in my eyes fell.

"A reminder to keep playing and to keep doing what I love," Jirro was the next one to answer the same question.

I bit my lower lip hard, especially when Isaiah appeared on the screen. He was silent for almost three seconds before he answered, "The ones whom I'll keep singing to."

My breath hitched in my throat as I tried to hold myself back from sobbing. I put my fist against my lips, desperate not to make a sound.

"They are the reason why New Classic exists..." Ike answered and smiled.

The screen went black again. But then, the instrumentals were slowly building up, until it showed the performance of New Classic during the fan gathering for the last chorus. Some scenes were showing the fans with their phones up and waving their hands to feel the song.

We are the New First Classic...

After Isaiah sang the last part, the camera slowly zoomed out and showed the whole members on the stage. It proceeded to a flawless transition of the boys on their usual ment position.

"Got Music?" Ike started.

"New Classic!" All the members replied with a huge smile on their faces.

I was completely wasted by the end of the video. I couldn't react. Tears kept streaming down my face. It was an upbeat and fun song, but the content of the music video made me emotional.