Chapter 36

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 36
All Out

The fans of New Classic were devastated over the online article we just published last night, along with the release of the band's new single and music video.

It was a simple music video. It showed how they trekked from the bottom of the mountain up to the top. There were also a few solo shots of them as they all have individual parts. It ended with the scene where they were sitting on a huge boulder on top of the mountain, looking up to the dark sky which was filled with stars.

The song is entitled 'This Is Not The End.' As I read on the description, it's a song which is written by all the members. The lyrics contain messages that they wanted to tell each other.

It's the first song they released were all of them have individual lines. The line distribution was slightly biased to Isaiah by getting the whole bridge and adlibs―the hardest parts of the song―as the lead vocalist of the band.

Days passed by so quickly
Couldn't keep up with the time
We're just going around in circles
At the same time while reaching the skies

Sic and Jirro sang the first verse. My heart melted hearing them finally singing their first solo parts in a New Classic song. As much as I wanted to hear Isaiah's voice, I started wanting them to sing in New Classic's future tracks, too.

Take it slow
Close your eyes
Take my hand
We'll walk together

Take it slow
Open your eyes
Take a deep breath
This is not the end
This is not the end
This is not the end
This is not the end
We will meet again

Hearing the chorus got me teary-eyed as I remembered their faces on the music video. They were wearing a satisfied smile, but at the same time, you could tell that they were kinda regretful.

We're running very fast
How come we're slowing down?
Look back to see how far we've come
It seems like haven't moved a thumb

Ike owned the second verse. Knowing that he's the leader of the band made the words he was singing felt heavier.

As a leader, he's carrying the burden of each members, including his. I couldn't imagine how hard it is for him to be the leader of the group, which is being watched by so many people. If fans are expecting a lot from the other members, I know they are expecting more from him.

However, throughout the years, Ike never showed his weaknesses. I have been watching them as a fan since they debuted, and I have never seen him under pressure. He's always calm, collected, and poised.

Take it slow
Close your eyes
Take my hand
We'll walk together

Take it slow
Open your eyes
Take a deep breath
This is not the end
This is not the end
This is not the end
This is not the end
We will meet again

I anticipated Isaiah's turn to sing, once the second chorus ended. There was a short instrumental before he started to sing with a melancholic voice. Though he sang the first line of the bridge with a low note, lower than his normal bass range, he still sang it crystal clear.

Temporary lost in a thick fog
But I know we'll still find our way back
The road ahead will clear up
See the end's not yet in sight

It's okay to take it slow
It's alright to take a break
We'll be back in time
Standing on the stage that we made

No matter how many times I hear Isaiah hitting high notes, I don't think I'd ever get enough of it. He had so much control in his voice. It's so satisfying to hear him belting those notes and slaying it effortlessly.