Chapter 13

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 13
Chocolate

Drowning myself in my studies and my responsibilities, I somehow managed to keep myself from thinking about what happened that night. I never let myself idle to push the unwanted thoughts off my mind.

That night, knowing that I had to inform Kuya Zedrick, I talked to him about what happened once he got home.

"What happened?" He gently brushed a stray lock of hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"They fought..." I told him, my voice quiet. "Nakita namin ni mommy si daddy kanina na mayroong kasamang babae. She couldn't control herself that she physically hurt the woman. Ang sabi naman ni daddy ay kliyente niya 'yon. Mukhang hindi rin matutuloy ang project ni daddy. Nagdadalawang-isip ang babae dahil sa ginawa ni mommy. Daddy was disappointed because it was an important project for him."

My brother clenched his jaw, probably stopping himself from giving any harsh comments in front of me.

"Mommy's feeling guilty. She's blaming herself..." My breath hitched on my throat as I remembered how my mother cried on my shoulder earlier. My blouse's left yoke was soaked with tears that I could feel it on my skin. "I think she needs help, Kuya..."

"I'll try to talk to her," he calmly said and smiled to assure me. "Don't worry about it."

Kuya Zedrick really did talk with my mother about it. He said that mommy told him that she'd consider getting emotional counseling once she has time. Hindi pumayag si Kuya Zedrick na salita lang ni mommy ang makukuha niya kaya sinabi niyang siya mismo ang magbo-book kay mommy ng appointment sa therapist at sasama rin siya.

Once I got the assurance I needed from my mother, I was able to focus on other things. Hindi na ako masyadong namroblema tungkol sa kanyang mental health. I knew my brother could handle her well. Mas nakikinig si mommy kay Kuya Zedrick. It wouldn't patch up her relationship with my father, but the most important thing for me was her mental health.

I knew my mother was just staying with my father for our sake. She was holding on well just to give us a complete family as we grow up.

Sometimes, I wanted to give her a signal that it's okay to finally let go. However, I also asked myself at the same time―is it really okay with me?

Kahit na tanggap kong maaring hindi na talaga nila maaayos ang kanilang pagsasama, minsan ay naniniwala pa rin akong magiging maayos ang lahat. I just couldn't let go of the tiniest hope in my heart. I was scared that once I stop hoping, that's the time when darkness would finally conquer my life. And that's why in the end, I would stop myself and be selfish.

"I think this is okay..." Mr. Joel nodded his head, after reading our fan project proposal. "Are you sure that you don't need more funds for this? Mukhang malaki ang kailangan ninyong gastusin."

"We still have money left from our funds and we also gathered donations from the fans," I told him. "As per our estimation, we have enough for the production of ten thousand banners and smiley cardboards. Kasama na rin po roon ang food support namin for the members."

As what we had decided, we would do two fan projects on the day of the concert. When New Classic sings Smile, we will raise the smiley cardboards. And during the encore, while they are singing Moments, we will show them the banner.

Si Dawn na ang gumawa ng layout ng banner at smiley cardboard. Nanghingi rin kami ng suggestions sa First Class kung ano ang magandang ilagay sa banner. Ako naman ay naghanap ng supplier kung saan kami makakamura. I asked Kuya Zedrick to come with me, during his day off. Nakahanap kami sa may Recto na mas mura pa ang rates sa pinagpagawaan namin ng freebies noong fan gathering.